|Title||Destructobyte's Ultimate Replica, Paragon of Epicosity|
|Race(s)||Shark, Devilsaur, Forsaken|
Alliance Horde (Brawler's Guild)|
Alliance Horde (Nazjatar)
Epicus Maximus is a legacy encounter in the Brawler's Guild and requires the use of a challenge card to fight.
The party is composed of:
- Epicus Maximus, a level 90 elite flying shark equipped with two rockets and a laser beam.
- And a Dinosaur, a level 60 rare elite devilsaur. He rides on Epicus Maximus's back.
- ROCK ON, a level 85 elite Forsaken with the , identical in appearance to Bergrisst. He rides on And a Dinosaur's back.
The trio can also be seen flying above the water wall on the northwestern edge of Nazjatar, north of Bloodfin Village and west of the Zanj'ir Terrace. They circle a large area that is mostly out of bounds, but they periodically fly close enough to the edge of the water wall to be seen by players.
- Blue Crush — Activating beams of destruction! 2 sec cast. Interruptible. 4 sec duration. Triggers every 0.5 sec...
- Blue Crush — Deals Frost damage and knocks enemies away! Instant. Hits for 142,500-157,500 Frost.
- Destructolaser — Activating beams of destruction! Channeled. 12 sec duration. Channels a beam that follows the target around the room. Standing in the beam triggers every 1 sec...
- Destructolaser — Inflicts 243750 to 256250 Fire damage. Instant.
- Pure Rock'n Roll 40 yd range — Inflicts Sonic damage. Instant. Spawns a void zone with a few seconds of charge time, then hits for 166,250-183,750 Physical every 0.5 sec before exploding.
Interrupt Blue Crush, kite around the Destructolaser, and don't stand in the Pure Rock'n Roll.
This encounter, like most in the Brawler's Guild, has a two minute enrage timer, so 87.2KDPS will be required for victory.
- Destructobyte yells: I am Destructobyte, the great ursurper[sic]! And as you can see, I have found your secret plans!
- Destructobyte yells: Fools! You thought they were hidden, deep in the sands of Uldum...
- Destructobyte yells: Now, choke on your own hubris!
- Destructobyte yells: Ah- hah hah hah hah haaa!
Epicus Maximus, the Paragon of Epicosity, originally appeared in the Cataclysm beta, circling above the Maelstrom in front of Thrall and Aggra. The shark-dinosaur-Forsaken combination was added in response to a forum thread in which beta testers complained that the area wasn't epic enough. Lead World Designer Alex Afrasiabi initially replied to the thread with:
Re: The Maelstrom? | 2010-07-21 09:56 | Valnoth
A few hours later, Afrasiabi returned to the thread to announce the addition of more epicness to the zone:
Re: The Maelstrom? | 2010-07-21 13:33 | Valnoth
Buckle yourselves into your computer chairs or face being blown away!
Epicus Maximus was added to the Maelstrom in the following beta build. The trio was removed before Cataclysm went live but made a cameo in the Uldum zone, where the used to subjugate some cursed engineers will sometimes display the trio and play some epic background music.
- Product description: Have Epicus Maximus, the mythical creature from the Cataclysm Beta, beneath under the palm of your hand! This epic-sized gaming QcK+ mousepad from SteelSeries will be premiering at this year's BlizzCon, available only while these supplies last. Guaranteed to be a collector's item!
- The laser beam attached to the shark's head is likely a homage to the movie Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery, which had the film's antagonist furious that he couldn't acquire "frickin' sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads". Or Austin Powers: Goldmember where the film antagonist's son actually gets him "Sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their frickin' heads."
- Epicus Maximus
- And a Shark
- ROCK ON