- This article is about rulers of the Shadowlands realms. For the Pantheon of the titans, see Pantheon. For the RPG immortal beings term, see Eternal.
The Eternal Ones form the Pantheon of Death (or lords of death), a council that established and rules the Shadowlands. They each lead a Covenant which governs a realm, maintaining the machine of Death.
|The Arbiter||Oribos||Attendants||The judge of all the dead destined for the Shadowlands, capable of creating new realms for souls as needed, in accordance with the Purpose.||Vanished|
|Archon Kyrestia the Firstborne||Bastion||Kyrian||The leader of the kyrian, whose foremost duty is to watch over the veil and ferry souls to the Shadowlands when they are destined to die.||Active|
|The Winter Queen||Ardenweald||Night Fae||The queen of the groves of each dream tree in Ardenweald, ensuring Wild Gods return to their homes in reality. She is the sister of Elune.||Active|
|Sire Denathrius||Revendreth||Venthyr||The (allegedly) once-noble Master of Revendreth and Sire of the venthyr and nathrezim, who once diligently worked to redeem souls of their sins in a final attempt for them to avoid the Maw. He betrayed the other Eternal Ones and his own realm, working with the Jailer.||Imprisoned|
|The Primus||Maldraxxus||Necrolords||The creator of Maldraxxus and leader of the Necrolords. Formerly imprisoned by the Jailer after hiding in sigil in Korthia, turned into the Runecarver through Domination magic.||Active|
|Zovaal the Jailer||The Maw||Mawsworn||Once a full member of the Eternal Ones before they banished him for unknown reasons, he has managed to escape his chains and turn them into weapons, taking the sigil of the Arbiter he claims was his, and absorbing her essence. He desires to see Death conquer the cosmos.||Active|
- Their power level was described as titan-like.
- In the Escape from the Maw, the player may receive the Edict of the Eternal Ones buff.
- The Archon refers to the Sire as "our" brother, and the Primus refers to the Jailer as "our" brother, and the Jailer refers to himself as the Archon's brother, but the Winter Queen refers to the Primus as a "dear friend".
- After a bug enabled a warlock player's Doomguard to kill Kyrestia the Firstborne within the Spires of Ascension, she declared "As the Archon perishes, all life in the zone is wiped out!" This seems to suggest that the death of an eternal one destroys their corresponding realm.
- After the events of , Prince Renathal is the representative of the Venthyr Covenant to the Eternal Ones, replacing Denathrius when summoned before the Arbiter. Though the Primus has disappeared, nobody represented him or the Necrolord Covenant in the meeting. Likewise, Tal-Inara speaks on behalf of the Arbiter while she is inactive.
- In a later meeting, Draka appears as the Necrolord representative.
- The four governing zones of the Shadowlands have aristocratic secondary leadership. The Winter Queen has the Court of Night, Sire Denathrius has the Court of Harvesters, the Primus has the Margraves, and the Archon has the Paragons. The Arbiter has a Voice, two Wills, a Vision, and various Hands and Shields as Attendants. The Maw's hierarchy below the Jailer is unclear, though he does have Sylvanas Windrunner and Helya acting as primary lieutenants.
- At the end of the Sanctum of Domination, Bolvar Fordragon speculates that the essence and sigil of the Arbiter were originally of the Jailer, based upon the fact Zovaal absorbed the Arbiter's essence and sigil.
- ^ a b Wowhead - Shadowlands Lore Interview with Lead Narrative Designer Steve Danuser - Elune, Sylvanas, Calia
- ^ Steve Danuser and Morgan Day with Millenium (in French)
- ^ a b c Lordmons Interview with Morgan Day Highlights - Pantheon of Death, Legendary Power Unlock
- ^ Shadowlands: Chains of Domination cinematic
- ^ Bad-Revan 2020-12-28. Worlds First 'Kyrestia the Firstborne' Kill. Reddit. Retrieved on 2021-03-07.
- ^ Sylvanas Windrunner (tactics)#Post-cinematic dialogue