|Every Man for Himself|
Notes and trivia
- Some NPC stun effects cannot be removed by Every Man for Himself. These irremovable stun effects are mostly cast by raid bosses.
- This ability was mentioned in the April Fools' Day patch 6.1.4 Evil Patch Notes: "Every Man for Himself has been redesigned. It now grants Humans a third trinket slot."
Added in Patch 3.0.2, Every Man for Himself was designed to take the place as the only active-use racial for Humans (as was redesigned into a passive racial). Its original effect allowed the player to remove all movement imparing effects and all effects that cause a loss of control - an effect identical to PvP insignia trinkets. The racial had a 2 minute cooldown and shared this cooldown with similar effects (notably the insignia trinkets). In PvP combat, this allowed Human players to forego the insignia, often seen as mandatory for PvP, and instead replace it with a stronger trinket. After much controversy, a brief attempt to balance the racial was made at the start of the Cataclysm expansion by increasing the cooldown to 3 minutes. This change was reverted soon after, with a statement from Ghostcrawler saying they believed they had overnerfed the racial. 
Patch 7.0.3 reworked Every Man for Himself by changing it to only remove stun effects, rather than all crowd control effects, and made the effect from insignia trinkets a baseline ability to all classes, available for use in PvP combat.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 9.0.1 (2020-10-13): Renamed to Will to Survive. Tooltip reduced.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Cooldown increased to 3 minutes, up from 2. Shared cooldown increased to 90 seconds, up from 30.
- Hotfix (2016-07-25): Every Man for Himself can no longer be activated during crowd control effects it is not able to break.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Redesigned.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): New visual effect added.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Cooldown reverted to 2 minutes.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Cooldown increased to 3 minutes, up from 2.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): Disconnecting while rooted will no longer sometimes trigger this ability.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.