|Faction/Affiliation||Night Fae Covenant|
|Racial leader(s)||Winter Queen|
Faeries are a race of small, winged forest tricksters affiliated with the Night Fae Covenant of Ardenweald. Mercurial, mischievous, and both easily appeased and easily offended, they use song to soothe the pain of rejuvenating nature spirits or to lure in lesser creatures to grind into poultices. They used to bind and seal curses by the spriggans all the time, keeping an archive of curses at the Grove of Memory. Faeries are able to see secret things hidden in the world, and are able to grant others the ability to do so through moonsight. Faeries are born from the land itself like a flower and live in trees. The entirety of Tirna Fenn's central grove is faeries, and Shimmerfly states it is her home tree, but it is unclear if it's the home of all faeries.
- Concept art refers to them as Ardenweald sprites.
- The faeries were designed by character artist Ariel Fain, whose goal was to combine classic fantasy depictions of fairies with the celestial illumination of Ardenweald to create a unique, otherworldly fairy that fit in the World of Warcraft aesthetic. The faeries' fluffy features and the shape of their wings were inspired by moths.
- Faeries are all naked.
A faerie possessed by drust
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment 2020-06-03. Shadowlands Preview: Ardenweald and the Night Fae Covenant. Archived from the original on 2020-06-03.
- ^ Twinklestar quotes
- ^ BlizzCon 2019: World of Warcraft: Shadowlands art gallery. Blizzard Watch. Retrieved on 2019-11-08.
- ^ Garth Holden 2020-08-20. A deep dive into Ardenweald, the Shadowlands realm of hibernation. SA Gamer. Retrieved on 2020-08-27.