- For the Warcraft III ability of the same name, see Far Seer (Warcraft III)#Far Sight. For the similarly named Cleric spell from Warcraft: Orcs & Humans, see far seeing.
Far Sight is a shaman ability which allows the shaman to view far away locations. It is learned at level 36.
- Allows you to shift your point of view as much as 50,000 yards away - basically anywhere you can see on the screen.
- It can only be cast on areas that your line of sight allows.
- This is a channeling spell; the caster is vulnerable to attack while they performs the spell.
- Sadly, no normal mana regeneration is done while channeling far sight.
Extending your range
Casting another Far Sight while channeling a Far Sight will let you "jump" your vision further and further ahead. With practice, you can view anywhere on your continent with this technique.
To do this, simply use Far Sight. Then, while channeling the spell, click your Far Sight spell, and move the camera further. You can move around corners, and far ahead of your normal line of sight.
- Spying! Going to take a risky venture into the enemy city to speak to the Elder there or attack their Bonfire? Use the technique above to scout out a safe route!
- Explore! Curious about what lies beyond that impassable mountain ridge? Use Far Sight to take a look.
- Far Sight is one of the spells available to the Thrall and Far Seer hero units in Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos.
- Far Sight is an epic Shaman spell in Hearthstone. The flavor text reads: "Drek'thar can't see, but he can see. You know what I mean? It's ok if you don't."
- Far Sight is one of Rehgar's activatable Talents in Heroes of the Storm.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Can now be used indoors, replacing 's functionality.
- Patch 5.4.7 (2014-02-18): Undocumented change: Far Sight once again specifies "Unlimited range" in the tooltip.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Undocumented change: The range of Far Sight has been changed to 1,000 yards.
- Patch 0.10 (2004-09-18): Can only be used outdoors.
- Patch 0.7 (2004-06-15): Moved to level 26.