- Field Repair Bot 74A
- Use: Unfolds into a Field Repair Bot that can repair damaged items and purchase unwanted goods. After 10 minutes its internal motor fails.
- Requires Engineering (300)
- 1 Charge
- Sell Price: 1
- Successful raiders never leave home without it. 
Field Repair Bot 74A is an Engineer-created robot that can be deployed anywhere. The item is consumed upon use. It essentially functions as a merchant with a repair ability: it can both completely repair gear and purchase items from players. It also sells minor Engineering components. It lasts for 10 minutes and there is a 10 minute cooldown on the robot so you can only deploy one at a time.
It was considered to be one of the most important engineering items in the game, especially useful for repairing entire raid groups without having to leave a dungeon.
As an ingredient
Instances introduced in later expansions have often featured shorter distances to repair vendors, making repair bots less vital. They are still a high value convenience item, as simply leaving to repair and return can take 5–10 minutes of a raid's time under optimal conditions. This particular repair bot is the first generation of such items, and has since been eclipsed by versions made available with later expansions.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-04-19): Fixed a typo in the tooltip for the Field Repair Bot 74A.
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): Added.
- Repair bot - for a lineup of the various repair bots known, and some history behind them.
- , TCG card