Firelord is a name that can refer to different beings.
In Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne
- Main article: Firelord (Warcraft III)
A firelord in Warcraft III is a type of neutral hero that can be hired from a tavern. Upon creation, it will receive one of the randomly generated names: Ragepyre, Hatespark, Blazefury, Heatflayer, Volcanus, Flashfire, Kar the Everburning, Smolderas, Singeslayer.
In World of Warcraft
- Firelords are powerful fire elementals usually clad in black armor. They have the same abilities (except for creating a volcano) as the firelords in Warcraft III. They can mostly be found in the Molten Core. With Cataclysm came an updated model for them, and they can be found in the Firelands raid or at the Molten Front. All of the Warcraft III firelords returned except for Smolderas: Ragepyre, Hatespark, Blazefury, Heatflayer, Volcanus, Flashfire, Kar the Everburning, Singeslayer. An Ancient Firelord can be encountered in the Molten Front, and an unnamed firelord attacked Chromie during Legion.
- Ragnaros and Cyrukh, respectively the rulers of the fire elementals on Azeroth and Outland, possess the title of "the Firelord".
- The yaungol Ordos is said to have sacrificed himself to the flame to become a demigod following the promises of "the Fire Lords". It is unknown who or what these Fire Lords may be.
As a companion pet
- had a chance to drop from the level 100 version of Ragnaros during WoW's 10th anniversary.