|Flash of Light|
Flash of Light is a level 4 paladin ability, designed to be the Holy Paladin's quick cast heal. It is considerably faster than , but is the least efficient of the two spells. A Holy Paladin who casts Flash of Light too much risks running out of mana.
Tips and tricks
Flash of Light is a fast but expensive heal. It should only be used when speed is the most important consideration (ie someone is about to die, and won't live long enough for Holy Light to go off) and when is not available.
Flash of Light in the TCG.
- Fan art
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2017-03-31): Flash of Light now heals for 35% more in PvP situations.
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25):
- Now heals 450% of spell power (was 425%) and costs 18% of base mana (was 16%).
- Now learned at level 5 (was 8).
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Healing increased by 41.67%.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Mana cost has been increased to 31% of base mana, up from 27%.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): This spell no longer causes a heal-over-time effect unless the player has the talent.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04):
- : When a paladin casts Flash of Light on a target with this buff, they also now place a heal over time effect on the target, healing that target for 100% of the Flash of Light amount over 12 seconds.
- : Now only applies to melee critical hits, but will make your next Flash of Light or instant.
- " has a cast time of 1.5 seconds but can be used on players again. ...we are changing The Art of War to make not only Flash of Light instant, but also Exorcism. Choose healing or damage." (source)
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): now affects Flash of Light too, reducing its cast time down to zero and can be used while moving.
- Patch 2.4.2 (2008-05-13): Flash of Light and will now work properly with
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): : Lower ranks of Flash of Light and are now properly penalized when used with this Blessing.
- Patch 1.1.0 (2004-11-07): Added.