Flight in the Firelands
|Level||81 (Requires 80)|
|Reputation||+250 Guardians of Hyjal|
- Guardian Flag Visited
But first, you'll need to get your wings. Flight in the Firelands does not work as it does in the outside world. Something about the dense, superheated air. You'll need some practice!
Get a Twilight Firelance from the rack behind me, then mount one of Aviana's Guardians. Practice flying - just flap your wings! Visit the flag I've placed on the ledge below and return.
Do you feel comfortable flying yet?
Well done! How does it feel?
It is challenging to master flight in this burning wasteland, but it is the only way.
I hope you're ready for battle, <name>...
- Grab a Lance from the Racks
Snag one. Then:
- Equip the Lance
Equip it. Then:
- Mount One of Aviana's Guardians
Mount it. Then:
- Press Flap to Flap Your Wings!
The guardian has one ability:
- Flap — Flap your mount's wings. Flap repeatedly to gain altitude and momentum! Instant. No GCD. (0.25 sec cooldown)
There are three flags on lower islands. Land on any one of them. Then:
- Flap Your Wings Rapidly to Re-Gain Altitude!
This area is Blizzard's shrine to the classic arcade game Joust. Joust is all about flapping at the right time to maintain momentum and altitude. And crashing into enemies to take them out...
There are no enemies at this point, so take as much time to practice to get a feel for it as necessary. At the very bottom of the pit is Numa Skyclaw who has some spare guardians in an emergency.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2013-03-12): Flight in the Firelands: Fixed an issue where players were unable to complete the quest.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.