- For general info on all sorts of flying mechanical devices, see flying machine.
- Flying Machine
- Use: Teaches you how to summon this mount. This mount changes depending on your Riding skill and location.
- Requires Level 60
- Requires Expert Riding
- Requires Engineering (300)
Flying Machine summons a gyrocopter-like flying machine. It seems to resemble the dwarven variant (as seen in Warcraft III) of the original gnomish flying machine (as seen in Warcraft II). It is a rare-quality flying mount available only to engineers and features two distinct modes: a hovering terrestrial version where the engines are stationed vertically, and an aerial mode where a horizontal propeller is deployed from the machine's chassis. If not moving and standing on ground, the gyrocptor may randomly stop working and just smash to the ground. Similarly, if you are staying still while midair, the engine will fail and you will drop down a bit, but then restart within 4 seconds or if you move. This will not cause any damage to you, and will start working as soon as you move. The epic version of this mount is the .
The backbone of the Alliance air force is comprised predominantly of gnomish flying machines due to their maneuverability and speed.
This item is created with Engineering (300); taught by trainers.
- The Flying Machine appears as a common card in the Goblins vs Gnomes expansion of Hearthstone. The flavor text reads: "To operate, this contraption needs a hula doll on the dashboard. Otherwise it's just a "falling machine.""
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Name changed from "Flying Machine Control" to "Flying Machine".
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): The level requirement needed to learn how to build and use this machine has been reduced to level 60, down from level 70, and the engineering skill level reduced to 300, down from 350. Material costs reduced.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Added.