|Location||Khardros' Anvil, Grim Batol|
Forgemaster Throngus is the second boss that can be found in Grim Batol.
A smith for the Twilight's Hammer cult, this massive ettin is eager to use the weapons and armor he's forged to annihilate intruders.
- Mighty Stomp — Throngus stomps his foot on the ground, triggering the walls of Grim Batol to Cave In. Throngus will not Mighty Stomp if he has his shield equipped.
- Cave In — After the Mighty Stomp of Throngus weakens the walls of Grim Batol, pieces of stone begin to fall on top of a random player in a 5 yard radius area. Players who continue to stand in that area take 3800 to 4200 Physical damage every second.
- Pick Weapon — Throngus has several fearsome weapons at his disposal. Periodically during the encounter, he randomly chooses between a massive Shield, a pair of Swords, or a punishing Mace. The chosen weapon grants him new abilities for a short duration of the encounter.
- Personal Phalanx — Throngus points his shield at a random player every 10 seconds. Damage dealt to Throngus by a player standing in front of the shield is reduced by 99%.
- Flaming Arrow — While Throngus has a shield equipped, archers constantly fire flaming arrows from overhead windows at random players. Each flaming arrow inflicts 4875 to 5125 Fire damage.
- Flaming Shield — A 60 degree cone of fire erupts forward from Throngus' shield, inflicting 14625 to 15375 Fire damage every second to any enemy target engulfed by the fire.
- Dual Blades — Throngus wields a flaming sword in each hand, granting him the ability to attack simultaneously with each weapon. His melee damage is reduced by 30% during this time.
- Thrash — Throngus will occasionally attack an additional two times when he swings his swords.
- Disorienting Roar — Throngus lets loose a tremendous roar, decreasing the attack and cast speeds of players by 50%. Players may remove this effect by casting a spell or using an ability. In Heroic Difficulty Disorienting Roar reduces attack and cast speeds of players by 150%, and each time a player casts a spell or uses an ability the amount of the reduction lowers by 50%.
- Burning Flames — The fiery blades burn the target of Throngus' melee attacks, inflicting 2925 to 3075 Fire damage every 2 seconds for 10 sec. This effect stacks, but a single dispel effect removes all stacks.
- Encumbered — The incredibly massive weight of Throngus' mace decreases his movement speed by 70%, but increases his melee attack damage by 200%.
- Impaling Slam — Throngus jumps to a random target, impaling them on his mace and inflicting 5850 to 6150 Physical damage every 1 second for 5 sec.
- Lava Patch — As Throngus moves with his fiery mace, he leaves patches of fire on the ground. These patches deal 8287 to 8712 Fire damage every second to any player who stands in them.
In between all of his weapon phases, Forgemaster Throngus uses Mighty Stomp, which causes a cave-in to appear over a random player. Move out of these cave-ins, Tanks should move Throngus should these cave-ins appear on the melee.
This is the high single-target damage phase.
This is a kiting phase, and Throngus resets aggro. Throngus hit extremely hard when he has the mace equipped, but will also be slowed. If you are not the tank, avoid these at all costs, as healers need all their mana to heal the tank during the shield phases. During this phase, Throngus also jumps to a random player and picks them up, doing some damage before letting them go.
Tanks may wish to start him near the stairs and then enter into a kiting rotation of going towards the entrance on one mace phase, back to the stairs on the next, and so forth. This will not be perfect due to his jumping. Melee must be very careful in this phase, and remember that surviving is more important than damage. Do not tax your healer unnecessarily, and especially don't get aggro in this phase, as any non-tank is likely to be killed with one hit.
This is a movement and healing phase. Throngus will use his shield to get a buff called "Personal Phalanx," which reduces damage taken from the front by 99%. Meanwhile, flaming arrows rain down from the balconies.To manage this phase, everyone needs to move as close as possible to Throngus. Everyone who is not a Hunter should be standing right behind him, and Hunters should be as close to his back as their deadzone allows. When he turns around, the group simply has to move through him to get out of the shield-flame as quickly as possible.
During Sword Phase, Throngus applies a debuff on the tank. This debuff should be dispelled as soon as possible. The tank can disarm Throngus and use cooldowns to reduce the damage to easily manageable levels if the debuff is dispelled, though it is not completely necessary.
During Mace Phase, Throngus leaves a trail of magma pools that do considerable damage; upwards of 20,000 on the first tick.
On heroic, Throngus' shield also sprews a wide cone of fire, and the flaming arrows do much more damage to the group.
During Shield Phase, the flaming arrows in the shield phase hits the party very hard, and this quickly drains healer mana. The entire group needs to work to get through this phase. Move out of AoE in the other phases to conserve your healer's mana, and get out of the shield's flames quickly in the phase itself. If you have damage-reducing or healing abilities, using them in the shield phase is not a bad idea. The more you can do to conserve healer mana for the flaming arrows, the better. The arrows do not seem to have any AoE splash damage, so there is no harm in gathering up as close as possible during the shield phase, if your healer's AoE heals require it.
|Spirit mail boots|
|DPS plate belt|
- NO! Throngus get whipped again if he no finish!
- Equipping Mace
- Oh, this is gonna HURT!
- Equipping Shield
- You not get through defenses!
- Equipping Swords
- Throngus SLICE you up!
- Killing a player
- You break easy!
- Throngus use your corpse on body. Somewhere...
- Death... Good choice. Not best choice maybe, but better than fail and live.
- Throngus is voiced by Isaac C. Singleton Jr..
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Encumbered damage bonus from Forgemaster Throngus has been reduced by 50%.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.