Forum:New fandom domain suggestions
Hi all. As the site notice indicates, we're changing domains to <something>.fandom.com soon.
This raises an issue - what subdomain do we want?
All existing wowpedia.org and wow.gamepedia.com external links/bookmarks will continue to work, whatever we go to. Fandom will update the permanent redirects to our new home. Additionally, since wowwiki has been closed, wowwiki.fandom.com will redirect to us as well. All of the old wowwiki content is on wowwiki-archive.fandom.com. Based on Twitter searches, end-users don't know or care about their domain change.
Please reply below with which domain you prefer so our corporate overlords can take your preferences into account.
- I favor either wowpedia.fandom.com or warcraft.fandom.com. -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 01:56, 3 March 2021 (UTC)
- warcraft.fandom.com; though not against wowpedia.fandom.com. — 02:07, 3 March 2021 (UTC)
- "wowpedia.fandom.com"; it's the name we are known for, but I wouldn't mind "warcraft.fandom.com" --Ryon21 (talk) 04:59, 3 March 2021 (UTC)
- And so the assimilation continues. I'm not in "the sky is falling" mode yet, but I'm definitely wary of this move, as I was of the
WikiaFandom acquisition in the first place. - Linneris (talk) 07:47, 3 March 2021 (UTC)
- wowpedia.fandom.com is the only way to go, the "wowpedia" brand name took many years and efforts to build among the community and we don't want to lose that. Xporc (talk) 08:15, 3 March 2021 (UTC)
- wowpedia.fandom.com. It's important that we keep our identity. warcraft.fandom.com would likely make more sense but Wowpedia is a brand. Plus "the Warcraft fandom wiki" doesn't quite roll off the tongue. -- MyMindWontQuiet (talk) 10:51, 3 March 2021 (UTC)
- My first thought was to say wow.fandom.com since it's the most similar to wow.gamepedia.com, but after reading everyone else's arguments, I think wowpedia.fandom.com is the best option. --DeludedTroll (talk • contribs) 16:22, 3 March 2021 (UTC)
- I'm partial to wowpedia.fandom for the reasons everyone has stated! User:Baalqliphoth(talk) 16:54, 3 March 2021 (UTC)
- I have no particular preference in this instance; whatever the majority goes with has my support. That being said, I am concerned with what would be the most intuitive for the end user — especially those that don't already have some working knowledge of the franchise. -- Alayea (talk) 05:53, 6 March 2021 (UTC)
- really gives me confidence that they'll take our opinions into account for any future dumb changes they make kappa -- DeludedTroll (talk • contribs) 16:02, 23 March 2021 (UTC)
- So now we're wow.fandom.com. Wasn't that literally the one domain name that nobody wanted? -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 16:40, 23 March 2021 (UTC)