I was thinking the BfA destacking of professions and came up with a list of things I’m going to work through. Does anyone have any thoughts, comments, objections or suggestions?
- Restructure main profession pages around the latest expansion (BfA). Move old expansion details down since new players are unlikely to start with Vanilla professions and work through the expansions concurrently. - No/few deletions at this stage.
- Create recipe lists stubs for BfA (based off comments in https://wow.gamepedia.com/index.php?title=Forum:Revisiting_profession_recipe_page_layouts&t=20170927182734)
- Create missing recipe list stubs from earlier expansions (if time).
Post 8.0.x destacking
- Ask a bot to add a template to all recipes and crafted item pages showing that they are out of date and in need of refreshment.
- Review levelling guides.
- Update main profession pages to show current status of prior expansion content (noting parts that have been removed where appropriate).
- Update pre-BfA recipe list to new skill requirements.
Eventually and progressively over time
- Update outstanding profession related recipes and items to BfA levels.
- Honestly, it feels like one of these projects that is probably gonna be left unfinished halfway through :/ Xporc (talk) 19:40, 11 July 2018 (UTC)
- It's something I'd like to help out with, somewhere down the line, but I'll admit it's not one of the first projects I'm gonna work on :) PeterWind (talk) 22:01, 11 July 2018 (UTC)
- I completely agree with that assessment, which is why I listed things in that order. Updating the recipe lists will be a grind and updating all the recipes and crafted item pages is an impossibly large scope. I think I could probably get the rest done in a month or two. Dobablo (talk) 14:15, 12 July 2018 (UTC)