|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 3.0.2 but is present in World of Warcraft: Classic.
This item is contained in an interactable object of the same name, frozen to the walls within the four quarters of Naxxramas. A is required in order to unlock each Frozen Rune, which can be found as a common drop from trash mobs within the instance. Each Frozen Rune object yields three to six Frozen Rune items.
As an ingredient
Frozen Rune is used in the following recipes:
As a quest objective
- Frozen Runes do not respawn.
- Looting a Frozen Rune will save the player (and their group) to the instance.
- While they may be used as a consumable, it is not recommended due to their necessity as a reagent and their difficulty to obtain. A is both cheaper to craft and more powerful in comparison.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Stacks to 200, up from 20.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Removed.
- Patch 1.11.0 (2006-06-19): Added.