|Faction/Affiliation||Independent, Shimeji clan|
|Character classes||Fungalmancer, Shaman|
|Area(s)||Kul Tiras; Zandalar; Maldraxxus|
|Sources: Battle for Azeroth|
The fungarians (also spelled funggarians) are a race of mushroom people found in Kul Tiras and Zandalar, identical to the fungrets of Maldraxxus and Ardenweald. One group has infested Ashenwood Grove in Drustvar seemingly tied to the Crimson Forest and the Drust.
- A number of cards introduced in Hearthstone: Kobolds & Catacombs depict an unnamed race of fungus people that resemble fungarians: Shrieking Shroom, Dark Pact, and Fungal Enchanter. However, statements by Blizzard employees indicate that these creatures and the fungarians were created independently from one another, with the fungarians being invented and named by World of Warcraft artist Christopher Hayes as a personal passion project whereas the Hearthstone mushroom people were apparently created by Hearthstone concept artists when doing the initial exploration and style guide art for Kobolds & Catacombs.
- Fungarians use podling animations.
- Sporelings, another race of fungal humanoids
- ^ Christopher Hayes. World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth - Fungarians. ArtStation. Retrieved on 2019-05-09. “This was a passion project in the BFA expansion. I came up with the idea of a mushroom race and then kept picking at it here and there until it caught momentum and they found their way into the game. I even got to name these little dudes.”
- ^ Hadidjah Chamberlin on Reddit (2018-04-10). Retrieved on 2019-05-09. “Usually there'll be one new race per expansion just because the concept artists will come up with something we fall in love with while they're doing initial exploration and style guide art for each set - the Tortollans and elemental plants in Un'Goro, the little mushroom people in Kobolds, and the lil' Witchwood Walnut Sprite in are all from characters we really adored during initial concepting.”