|Location||War Quarter, Undercity|
Dialogue about Theresa
The dialogues will always begin thusly:
- Gerard Abernathy says: Theresa, take this to Father Lankester.
- Theresa walks away, bottle in hand.
After one of the random dialogues between Gerard, Leona and Joanna (see below), Theresa arrives at the temple near Father Lankester:
- Theresa says: My lord Abernathy sends this to you.
- Father Lankester says: Ugh! What is that scoundrel doing sending his vermin to me? Get out of my sight before I take what is left of your life. And take this with you!
- Theresa says: Yes my Lord.
Walking back across the bridge, Theresa returns to her master:
- Theresa says: My Lord. From Father Lankester.
- Gerard Abernathy says: Why thank you, my pet.
A random conversation will take place after Theresa's been dispatched to Lankester. These generally operate in the following order: Gerard asking the opinions of his companions, Leona asking him a question, Gerard's answer, and Joanna applauding the results. These are the scripts:
- Gerard Abernathy says: Didn’t I tell you my new domination techniques would work?
- Gerard Abernathy says: So what do you think of my new toy?
- Gerard Abernathy says: How do you like my pet?
- Gerard Abernathy says: As good as I told you it would be, yes?
- Leona Tharpe says: Truly amazing, Gerard. How did you do it?
- Leona Tharpe says: I’ve never seen anything like it. No concentration or loss of awareness while the subject is dominated. What did you do to her?
- Leona Tharpe says: She retains knowledge and speech, and even the self sufficiency to perform tasks for you. Precisely what did you do?
- Leona Tharpe says: Amazing! How did you manage a permanent dominate?
- Leona Tharpe says: I don’t approve of your experiments, Gerard, but I must admit the results are impressive. What exactly did you do to her?
- Leona Tharpe says: As good as I told you it would be, yes?
- Gerard Abernathy says: It was simple once I broke her spirit.
- Gerard Abernathy says: Everyone has a weakness, it’s just a matter of finding it.
- Gerard Abernathy says: I managed to discover that certain parts of the brain when removed or stimulated will make the subject much more docile.
- Gerard Abernathy says: You don’t expect me to give up all of my secrets, do you?
- Gerard Abernathy says: A little torture, a pinch of magic, and an ample helping of invasive surgery. She was conscious, of course.
- Gerard Abernathy says: A little ritual torture can go a long way.
- Joanna Whitehall says: I am truly impressed, Gerard. I thought you were all talk, but I see I have been proven wrong.
- Joanna Whitehall says: I don’t agree with your turning to alchemy to fix some of the problems, but I do agree with the results. Very well done.
- Joanna Whitehall says: Bravo, Gerard, you have exceeded yourself yet again.
- Joanna Whitehall says: Did you have to house train her, Gerard?
- Joanna Whitehall says: An amazing discovery you have made. I would love an opportunity to look at all of the failed experiments.
- Joanna Whitehall says: Impresive, very impressive. Does she do tricks?
- Joanna Whitehall says: Your pet is wonderful, Gerard, but she needs a collar with a bell I think."
He may be related to Roland Abernathy.