This consumable is classified in-game as a Guardian Elixir and will not stack with other Guardian Elixirs or Flasks.
Gift of Arthas provides shadow protection and a retribution debuff.
This item is created with Alchemy (240); taught once by .
- Gift of Arthas is named, not surprisingly, after Arthas Menethil, former prince of Lordaeron and the former Lich King.
- Like the , very few mobs are immune to the effect of this item. Having a main tank chug one of these can help clear through trash mobs in raid dungeons.
- This recipe no longer causes a disease to be put on the target, but rather a curse that does the exact same debuff. This is probably a consideration of the Death Knight class, who have a few abilities that are based on the number of active diseases they have on the target to deal more damage, such as .
This bright blue potion shimmers, gleaming and glittering in sunlight. Anyone tasting it has his spirits briefly lifted, as if a wave of happiness flowed through them. The potion provides partial protection from necromancy spells.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): No longer increases resistance to Shadow by 10.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): No longer calls for .
- Patch 1.11.0 (2006-06-19): The Gift of Arthas now uses the elixir cooldown rather than the potion cooldown.