|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.3a but is present in World of Warcraft: Classic.
In the RPG
In the crafting of technological automatons, Gilnid may have had no equal. Amoral beyond the ability of the goblins to stomach, Gilnid was cast out of Booty Bay when his insane experiments ran amok in the city’s marketplace. Gilnid had no interest in politics, and played no part in the Brotherhood’s decision making, but the Brotherhood funded his experiments and kept him supplied with parts. VanCleef had enormous — perhaps too much — respect for his mad talents.
Getting through the forge to Gilnid was harder than the actual fight with him. Most of the mobs around him could be pulled separately, usually leaving only one near him. The fight was fairly straightforward.
- Molten Metal — Inflicted Fire damage every 3 sec. to an enemy, increasing the time between its attacks by 54% and its movement by 50% for 15 sec.
- "Anyone want to take a break? Well too bad! Get to work you oafs!"
- "Get those parts moving down to the ship!"
- "The cannons must be finished soon."
- Gilnid was bigger than the rest of the goblins in the room.
- You needed to kill Gilnid to get through the door behind him.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Removed.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): Fixed some typos in Gilnid's text in The Deadmines.