Glaive throwers (or glaivethrower and throwers) are ballista type siege weapons that throw glaives (a three bladed disk) at enemy forces. Generally used by members of the various elven races, they have been handy at fighting enemy forces of the night elves, blood elves, and even Alliance.
Glaive thrower (blood elves)
The blood elf glaive thrower helped them try to stop Arthas as he was trying to activate the Icecrown obelisks to free the Lich King from the Frozen Throne in Warcraft III. It is a siege weapon unit that has a long range, built in the blood elven barracks. The blood elves glaive throwers are an upgrade to the high elven ballista.
Glaive thrower (night elves)
Night elves upgraded their ballistae into glaive throwers as well. They continue to use them to this day.
Glaive throwers in World of Warcraft
- Main article: Glaive Thrower (Isle of Conquest)
- Glaive Thrower (A Little Patience)
- Glaive Thrower (Siege of Orgrimmar)
- Glaive Thrower (Legion Invasion)
- Glaive Thrower (Suramar)
- Glaive Thrower (War of the Thorns)
- Glaive Thrower (Ruins of Lordaeron)