Goblin Jumper Cables can be used to shock a dead player back to life. They have a success rate of 33% and a cooldown of 30 minutes.
This device consists of several thick yellow cables that snake out from a copper-wrapped battery. Attach the cables to various points on a recently fallen comrade, flip the switch, and the body jerks off the ground and spasms mightily while electricity plays over the thinly insulated cables. The smell of burning hair wafts up. In addition to being fun to watch, this display sometimes revives the individual. Goblin jumper cables can only revive a person that has been dead for fewer than ten minutes.
This item is created with Engineering (165); taught by .
- The jumper cables share a 30min cooldown with the and the .
- The Cables are not soulbound, so if they fail to resurrect but there is another Engineer with enough skill to use them, they can be passed to that player for another try.
- NPCs cannot be resurrected, but you can resurrect pets and other players.
- Despite its name you do not need to be a goblin engineer to use these, or to make them. Any engineer can do so.
- An improved version, , have a success rate of 50%. They require Engineering skill of at least 265, and do require Goblin Engineering specialization to make.
- These are useful if you are class that cannot resurrect normally, but are able to escape or avoid a fight. (Rogues, Hunters and Mages(with ) would be a good example)
- Occasionally the jumper cables strike you for 50 nature damage.
- The jumper cables were temporarily available as an artifact in Heroes of the Storm.
- Khadgar has a pair of Goblin Jumper Cables that he used to revive an adventurer.
- Patch 2.4.2 (2008-05-13): Goblin Jumper Cables are no longer a trinket item.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07):
- Both types of the engineer made Jumper Cables now share a cooldown. It was never intended to allow a player to use jumper cables XL and jumper cables within the same period of time.
- Jumper Cables no longer have a chance to break when they fail