- Not to be confused with Enforcer Gortok.
|Level||67 - 82 Elite|
|Location||Utgarde Keep, Howling Fjord|
Gortok Palehoof is the second boss of Utgarde Pinnacle. He is a magnataur who is found frozen within the Trophy Hall of the Keep, and must be freed by the players by completing an event which requires other trophy mobs to be killed.
The vrykul keep many trophies at Utgarde Keep, and Gortok is among the most impressive. King Ymiron displays the frozen magnataur's cruel countenance as a reminder that even the most savage beasts are mere decorations for vrykul halls. This living statue will sow destruction if liberated, unleashing his wrath indiscriminately.
Attacks and abilities
- Stasis Generator — Using the Stasis Generator causes two random hunting trophies to become active and attack players.Once the hunting trophies are defeated, Gortok Palehoof becomes active. In Heroic Difficulty, all four hunting trophies must be defeated before Gortok Palehoof will activate.
Stage 1: The Hunting Trophies
- Grievous Wound — The Ferocious Rhino charges a random player, inflicting Physical damage and additional Physical damage every second. The Grievous Wound effect lasts for 15 sec, or until the player is healed to full health.
- Gore — The Ferocious Rhino gores a player, inflicting Physical damage and additional Physical damage every second for 6 sec.
- Stomp — The Ferocious Rhino stomps the ground, inflicting Physical damage to all players within 0 yards, stunning them for 2 sec.
- Mortal Wound — The Frenzied Worgen mortally wounds a player, inflicting Physical damage and reducing the effectiveness of all healing received by 5% for 20 sec. This effect stacks up to 15 times.
- Enrage — The Frenzied Worgen enrages, increasing its attack speed by 100% for 8 sec.
- Acid Spit — The Massive Jormungar spits a ball of acid at a player, inflicting Nature damage and reducing their armor by 1000 for 20 sec. This effect stacks up to 50 times.
- Poison Breath — The Massive Jormungar breathes poison on all players in front of it, inflicting Nature damage and additional Nature damage every 3 sec., for 1 min.
- Acid Splatter — The Massive Jormungar summons Jormungar Worms that attack players.
- Jormungar Worm — Jormungar Worms defend the Massive Jormungar.
- Crazed — The Ravenous Furbolg goes into a craze, increasing its movement speed by 100% and attacking players at random for 10 sec.
- Terrifying Roar — The Ravenous Furbolg unleashes a terrifying roar, causing all players within 0 yards to flee in terror for 5 sec.
- Chain Lightning — The Ravenous Furbolg strikes a player with a bolt of lightning that arcs to another nearby player, inflicting Nature damage to each of them. Chain Lightning can affect up to 3 targets.
Stage 2: Gortok Palehoof
- Withering Roar — Gortok Palehoof unleashes a roar, inflicting Physical damage to all players and lowering their maximum health. This effect lasts for 30 sec., and stacks up to 50 times.
- Arcing Smash — Gortok Palehoof lashes out in a vicious arc, inflicting Physical damage to all players in front of him.
- Impale — Gortok Palehoof throws a spear at a random player, inflicting Physical damage and additional Physical damage every 3 sec., for 9 sec.
Palehoof is unfrozen as part of an event. The Trophy Hall contains four creatures plus Gortok Palehoof. (A Furbolg, a Worgen, a Rhino and a Jormunger)
You begin the event by clicking on the "stasis controller" in his room. The stasis controller spawns an orb that will unfreeze two of the four creatures at random then unfreeze Palehoof.
- Jormunger- Has a poison that stays on the ground and does damage over time. Summons non-elite worm adds.
- Rhino- Stomps for heavy damage. Has a charge that leaves victim with a DoT.
- Furlbog- Non-interruptible Chain Lightning. May randomize aggro, but can be taunted. AoE Fear. Has Enrage.
- Worgen- Hits heavily. Mortal Strikes tank.
Palehoof himself is a relatively simple tank and spank. His arcing smash does substantial damage in front of him so the tank needs to turn him away from the party. Occasionally he will target a random party member and throw a spear at them, stunning them and dealing ~2k damage every 3 seconds for 10 seconds.
He also casts "withering roar" about every 10 seconds which reduces all party member's health by 500 for each cast, and stacks up to 50 times. This provides a de facto enrage timer as your tank and other party members will eventually be one shotted. In regular this is not a substantial problem.
Heroic - One mob gets unfrozen at once randomly, like in Normal, but all 4 are unfrozen before Palehoof. Palehoof has substantially more health and does substantially more DPS. The withering roar in this case is a barrier and fairly high DPS is needed to kill him before too many stacks accumulate.
- What this place? I will destroy you!
- Killing a player
- You die! That what master wants!
- An easy task!
Gortok is voiced by Dave Mallow.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.