Gothik the Harvester (Classic)
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 3.0.2 but is present in World of Warcraft: Classic.
- This article is about the original 40-man version of Gothik introduced in Patch 1.11. For the 10 and 25-man versions of the raid boss introduced in Wrath of the Lich King, see Gothik the Harvester.
|Location||Deathknight Wing, Naxxramas|
Gothik the Harvester is the second boss in the Deathknight Wing in Naxxramas.
At the start of the encounter Gothik becomes invulnerable and the gate dividing the room will close. Gothik will then summon timed waves of set mobs on the left side of the room, dubbed the "living" side. Each time a mob is killed, their soul will travel across either balcony to be reborn on the other side of the room, dubbed the "undead" side. Phase one lasts 4 minutes and 34 seconds.
- Unrelenting Trainee
- Unrelenting Deathknight
- Level 61 Elite Undead - 20,436 health. Transforms into Spectral Deathknight when defeated.
- Intercept — Charge an enemy, causing 65 damage and stunning them for 3 seconds.
- Shadow Mark — Whirlwinds all nearby targets for 1900-2800 physical damage and applying Shadow Mark to all targets struck. Shadow Mark causes Unrelenting Riders to target affected players with Shadow Bolt Volley.
- Unrelenting Rider
- Level 62 Elite Undead - 25,900 health. Transforms into a Spectral Rider and a Spectral Horse when defeated.
- Shadow Bolt Volley — Hurls missiles of dark magic, inflicting 3200 to 4100 Shadow damage to nearby enemies. Can only target enemies with Shadow Mark.
- Unholy Aura — The rider inflicts 450 Shadow damage every 2 seconds to enemies within 45 yards until defeated. Resistable.
- Spectral Trainee
- Level 61 Elite Undead - 5,030 health.
- Arcane Explosion — Sends out a blast wave of magic, inflicting 500 Arcane damage to nearby enemies in a 20 yard radius.
- Spectral Deathknight
- Level 62 Elite Undead - 16,185 health.
- Cleave — Inflicts normal damage plus 50 to an enemy and its nearest allies, affecting up to 10 targets.
- Mana Burn — Hits an enemy with an anti-mana bolt, burning 3780 to 4620 mana. Deals shadow damage equal to half the amount of mana burned.
- Sunder Armor — Hacks at an enemy's armor, reducing it by 2950 per Sunder Armor. Can be applied up to 5 times. Lasts 30 sec.
- Whirlwind — Attacks nearby enemies in a whirlwind of steel that lasts 2 sec. and inflicts ~2500 physical damage.
- Spectral Rider
- Spectral Horse
- Level 63 Elite Undead - 29,979 health.
- Stomp — Inflicts normal damage plus 16 to nearby enemies, reducing movement speed by 60% for 12 sec.
At 4 minutes and 34 seconds, Gothik teleports onto the living side of his room and engages the raid, switching sides every 15 to 20 sec. Gothik stops teleporting and the central gate opens at 30% health remaining.
Gothik the Harvester
- Harvest Soul — Reduces all stats by 10% for 1 min, stacking. Cast on the raid every 15 sec. Cannot be removed.
- Shadow Bolt — Instantly casts a Shadow Bolt on a primary target and one or more random targets every second, dealing 2250 to 2750 Shadow damage. This Shadow Bolt can target multiple players at once, and can hit the same player twice. Damage cannot be partially resisted.
This is considered one of the toughest encounters in Naxxramas. Raid leaders need to split their raid into two proper compositions, one for the living side and one for the undead side. As all of the mobs on the undead side are immune to magical damage, this side should mainly consist of melee players. Likewise, casters should be on the living side with Priests, Mages, and Hunters prioritized specifically due to their CC. All adds except Unrelenting Trainees hit hard and require tanks, though no more than three tanks are necessary on the living side.
During this phase, Gothik spawns sets of adds on the living side in timed waves, with the first set spawning at 24 seconds into the encounter. These composition of these waves are pre-determined, as well as the platforms these mobs can spawn on. The undead side spawn locations are not fixed, but players can see which bone pile each soul travels to in order to determine where the spectral add will spawn.
Whenever a mob is killed on the living side, it will spawn a corresponding mob on the undead side (or two mobs in the case of Unrelenting Rider]]. These mobs are more powerful than their "living" counterparts and are immune to most if not all CC effects. Simply killing adds will flood the undead side and likely lead to a wipe. In contrast CCing too many adds will overwhelm the living side with spawns and make it impossible to kill enough before Phase 2, assuming none break CC early and start killing players. Communication is important in order to feed adds across the room at an adequate rate without overwhelming either side with too many spawns.
On the living side, trainees are vulnerable to all CC effects, deathknights can be shackled and rooted, and all three add types can be snared. On the undead side, only stuns are effective and only on trainees and deathknights. Spectral riders and horses are immune to all CC effects.
The final wave will spawn 50 seconds before Gothik lands, and any remaining adds on the living side that cannot be killed on the undead side in time should instead be CC'd. All CCs will need to be maintained for the duration of the encounter as Gothik is the highest priority.
If at any point one side of the room has no living players, the central gate will open and all active mobs from that side will immediately aggro onto remaining players.
Kill priority (Highest to Lowest):
- Unrelenting Rider > Unrelenting Deathknight > Unrelenting Trainee
- Spectral Trainee > Spectral Rider > Spectral Deathknight > Spectral Horse
|Spawn Type||Time before
first spawn (sec)
|Total waves||Spawn location|
|Unrelenting Trainee||24||20||11||all 3 spawn points|
|Unrelenting Deathknight||74||25||7||2 side spawn points|
|Unrelenting Rider||134||30||4||center spawn point|
Gothik teleports down at 4:34 in fight. This phase is considered a dps race due to Harvest Soul, a stacking debuff that reduces all stats by 10%. Harvest Soul is cast immediately when Gothik lands and about every 20 seconds after, requiring the raid to quickly dispatch him before their stacks become too high. Too many stacks will cause Shadow Bolt to one-shot players, and the significantly reduced damage and healing dealt by the raid will be too little to keep up.
Gothik lands on the living side, and then will teleport to the melee side after 15 to 20 seconds, repeating this cycle. As the gate blocks line of sight, only players on the same side of the gate will be able to damage Gothik (Gothik can target any raid member regardless of los and will shadow bolt through the gate). Once Gothik is reduced to 30% health, the central gate will open and the raid is free to run across and finish him up.
Notably, after Gothik's defeat, any remaining adds must be killed as they do not despawn. Slain living adds will continue to spawn their spectral counterparts on the undead side.
|Paladin, Hunter, Shaman, Druid|
|Priest, Mage, Warlock|
|Cloth frost resist helm|
|Leather frost resist helm|
|Attack power necklace|
|Cloth caster bracers|
You receive 100 reputation with the Argent Dawn at all reputation levels.
- Foolishly you have sought your own demise. Brazenly you have disregarded powers beyond your understanding. You have fought hard to invade the realm of the harvester. Now there is only one way out - to walk the lonely path of the damned.
- Phase Two
- I have waited long enough! Now, you face the harvester of souls!
- Killing a Player
- Death is the only escape.
- I... am... undone!