|Title||Loa of the sea|
|Location||Atal'Gral, Zuldazar; Dazar'alor; Nazjatar|
|Relative(s)||Sons of Gral (sons)|
Gral, the shark, is the loa of the sea. He is worshiped by the Zandalari, at his shrine of Atal'Gral in Zuldazar. The deep ocean is his realm and the darkest ocean is his domain. He is wise and takes a long view on things. Gral is quite powerful and when it comes to his knowledge of the sea, none can compare. He watches over every voyage. Gral does love knowing things, almost as much as Torga loves his stories, and he's not as cranky as he seems. Folks would come from all around to share their experiences with him.
Five years before the war in Zandalar, the naga tore down Gral's temple of Atal'Gral and killed every last one of his followers. The loa was furious and anyone near the water could feel his pain as each follower fell. There was a talk by the Zandalari of rebuilding the temple, but with Gral either missing or weak, it remained just talk.
The naga would return years later seeking secrets at the ruins of Atal'Gral, and Gral was awakened to combat them. Gral knew that the naga were dealing with the darkness they could not comprehend and would soon become nothing more than a hollow tool to those who may answer. He could feel it beneath and around him, and so awakened from his slumber in order to defeat their local leader, Summoner Siavass. Gral knew that Queen Azshara reached into a dark place from where she could not return and vowed to tear her apart himself when the time came in revenge for his followers. Afterward, Gral observed the ascension of Talanji as queen of Zandalar.
He later traveled to Nazjatar with his Sons. When the resident gilgoblins were almost done for, Gral found them and befriended them over a shared enemy in the naga. Gral can be seen outside the waterwall. His spirit sometimes appears to attack the naga.
- Bite — Bites the target for 100% weapon damage as Physical damage.
- Stealth — Puts the caster in stealth mode. Lasts until cancelled.
- Tear Flesh — The caster tears into the flesh of the victim, inflicting Physical damage. Victims of this attack are afflicted with a shark bite that deals Physical damage every 3 sec for 12 sec.
- Blood in the Water — Gnaws the target Inflicting Physical damage and additional damage over 6 sec.
- Spirit of Gral says: There is something out there. There is darkness. The naga's motives here were not self-driven. I will find out more. Grow in strength and wisdom, <name>, we will need it.
- Spirit of Gral says: You will profane my realm no more, worms!
- Spirit of Gral says: The veil is lifted, I am coming for you, Azshara!
- Spirit of Gral says: The naga will hide no more!
- Spirit of Gral says: The naga will feel my wrath!
Tales of the Loa
Beneath de plane where Pa'ku reigns,
Gral rules de deep and dere remains.
Oceans vast, beneath de tide,
Where life be strange and horrors hide!
Gral is wisdom, Gral is power.
Gral is fierce, unworthy cower.
Truths be found within de depths.
Lies exposed and secrets kept.
His realm be boundless! De pressure great.
With hunger for knowledge ya never sate.
Blow de conch or bring fresh meat,
Ya find de loa that none can cheat.
In the Hearthstone expansion Rastakhan's Rumble, Gral serves as the patron of Gral's Sharks, a pirate-themed team of troll rogues, and personally appears as a legendary rogue card. His flavor text reads: "“… We’re gonna need a bigger board.”"
Notes and trivia
- The eponym of something deriving from Gral is "Grallian".
- In the PTR, Neri Sharpfin had an ability called Gral's Blessing that grants increased swim speed and underwater breathing. This ability appeared in the release build, but as part of daily quest, which is exclusive to her (for the Unshackled). Additionally, Hunter Akana has an ability of the same name that increases his damage by 50%. It also has a description reading: "Granted to those who have faithfully served the loa of the sea."
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Added.
- Grallian Idon
- Aspect of Gral