|Race||Maldraxxus gladiator (Humanoid)|
|Occupation||Master of the Theater of Pain|
|Location||Theater of Pain, Maldraxxus|
Grandmaster Vole is the overseer and announcer of the Theater of Pain in Maldraxxus. No one in the Shadowlands loves combat sport more than Vole, and he relays his extreme enthusiasm and gusto through his commentary.
During the initial phase of the Maldraxxus storyline, he is located within the arena's northernmost barrack and sends adventurers to fight in the arena's Contest of Conquest after mistaking them for gladiators.
Vole serves as the announcer for the Theater of Pain dungeon, providing commentary on the heroes as they battle the champions of the three corrupt houses of Maldraxxus.
A projection of Vole is present in the armory in the southeastern part of the Seat of the Primus (presumably because he is physically still at the Theater), offering "Challenges in ..." Callings to Necrolord players.
- Main article: If You Want Peace...#Notes
- Main article: To Die By the Sword#Notes
- Main article: Champion the Cause#Notes
- Main article: Land of Opportunity#Notes
- On approach if part of the Venthyr Covenant and are not a Friend or higher
- On approach if part of the Venthyr Covenant and are a Friend or higher
- Make some space, we got a champion coming through. <Name>!
- On approach if part of the Venthyr Covenant and are a Best Friend
- Come on over and watch the show, <name>. I saved you a spot next to me.
Theater of Pain (open world)
- A boss is up
- This is embarrassing! I may need to show them how a champion fights!
- A little sloppy, but I think that attack hit home.
- They are taking a brutal beating, and he isn't even mad yet!
- I can't believe they're trying this strategy! When has this ever worked?
- Ooh! That had to hurt.
- Take your plans and theories, and forget about them. They won't work with this foe.
- He is dominating the fight, it's going to take a group effort to bring Urtz down.
- If talking could win a fight, you'd all be champions.
- I'm in charge, and I think you challengers need to prove yourselves!
- I see a few of you that don't deserve to be in the Theater of Pain.
- I wanted to fight this opponent myself, but that would have been too easy.
- I gave them a few tips for killing pit lords... I don't think they were listening.
- Bad planning and poor execution, these guys have mastered it!
- If boss is defeated
- Extraordinary! A victory for the ages!
- Such exemplary carnage! Accolades for the survivors!
- Hah! Not bad for a bunch of neophytes!
- Too easy. Perhaps you prefer a greater challenge!
- Facing Azmogal
- Wrested from the Twisting Nether, a lord of the pit turned glorified pit fighter!
- Devastation awaits all who oppose Azmogal!
- Facing Xantuth the Blighted
- Terrorizing the skies above the Shadowlands, a winged nightmare descends upon the arena!
- A dread creature of immense necrotic power, Xantuth the Blighted!
- Facing Unbreakable Urtz
- Raging earth and magma rise and take form against their will!
- Seething with the desire to be free, behold the Unbreakable Urtz!
- Facing Mistress Dyrax
- A queen of coercion, an empress of agony, a sayaad[sic] here to flay both mind and flesh!
- You will obey, or you will be slain! Mistress Dyrax!
- Facing Devmorta
- Wild and untamed, a mighty beast asserts its dominance and roars for all to hear!
- Nature's primordial wrath personified, the genesaur Devmorta!
- Facing Ti'or
- Once a beacon of holy Light, now an entity of the Void engulfing all in endless shadow!
- As enigmatic as it is malevolent, the dark naaru Ti'or!
- Facing Sabriel the Bonecleaver
- An arena rich with anima calls for a champion rich with victory!
- Gladiator of legend, wielder of the Runed Corpsemaker, Sabriel the Bonecleaver!
- Got some fresh meat today!
- Grab a weapon and get in line!
- Here to compete, mortal?
- Nothing sweeter than the sound of combat.
- Do you think this is a game? This... is... MALDRAXXUS!
- I'M NOT YELLING! YOU'RE YELLING! Oh wait, I am yelling. THAT'S WHAT I DO!
- Champions aren't born, they're forged!
- Fight well, gladiator.
- Never surrender.
- Prove your worth.
- Normal gossip
- <Grandmaster Vole looks you up and down.>
- You'll do.
- <Grandmaster Vole shouts to the others around him.>
- Fresh meat for the Theater of Pain!
- Gossip if part of the Venthyr Covenant and are not a Friend
- Gossip if part of the Venthyr Covenant and Friend or higher
- <Name>, I was just telling some of the others about you and the SECOND-BEST entertainment in the Shadowlands.
- When is the next Ember Court, by the way? I promised a few of the up and coming prospects that I'd let them tag along.
- Gossip if part of the Venthyr Covenant and a Best Friend
- <Name>, my boy. Stay and watch the fights with me.
- Whatever you came here for, I can have it brought up for you.
- No need to go traipsing all across Maldraxxus when you have a friend like Vole.
- If the player uses the , he responds with a Letter
- Main article: Quill of Correspondence
- Patch 9.0.2 (2020-11-17): Added.
|NPC||Ember Court faction|