|The subject of this article was removed in patch 4.0.3a but remains in World of Warcraft: Classic.
|Level||10 (Requires 10)|
|Reputation||+75 Cenarion Circle|
- Seek out the Great Bear Spirit and learn what it has to share with you about the nature of the bear.
In the northwest part of Moonglade resides the home of a wise and noble being we call the Great Bear Spirit. For all druids, it has served as a tutor and mentor into the first true natural understanding of the bear. All druids at one point seek the spirit's wisdom, and you shall be no exception.
Go to the Great Bear Spirit now and learn what it will teach. When it is satisfied with you, return to me here in Nighthaven. We will then see if you have truly taken account of the lessons it teaches.
You will receive:
Return only when the Great Bear Spirit has released you back unto me. Your training cannot continue without its blessing.
Dendrite makes another invisible gesture in the air above him as you approach. Another aura of power comes over him, and he smiles ever so slightly.
"I sense wisdom in you, young one, that was not present when we first met. You gaze upon me with strength and knowing intent, though this intent is yet not focused. You will now learn to focus your strength and adopt the nature of the bear into your work."
The Great Bear Spirit is located at around Nighthaven until you reach the road leading out of town. Where the road curves to the south, step off it and head north toward the mountains; after passing a couple of small hills, you'll find the spirit.. To find it, travel west through
- Speaking to the Great Bear Spirit
- The bear spirit looks upon you with a calm and peaceful gaze. You hear a voice speak to you as though it was coming from the bear, but the creature makes no indication that it is speaking.
- "Greetings, my young friend. If you have come to me seeking guidance, then perhaps I can help you find what you seek."
- What do you represent, spirit?
- I represent the strength which bolsters you as a young druid. You have come to me to learn this strength, young one, and I will teach this to you. I will teach you all that is the spirit bear, provided you will listen and understand.
- In order to know what it means to draw upon my spirit, you need to understand the importance of the strength of the body, as well as the strength of the heart.
- I seek to understand the importance of strength of the body.
- Strength of the body is the power and swiftness of action. You must keep yourself fit at all times, both physically and mentally. The bear's girth highlights its strength, as it is a ferocious foe in combat. The bear's girth, however, belies its lithe agility and sharp mind. These are surprises you will use to your advantage.
- You must rely on the strength of the bear's body in order to master the way of the Claw.
- I seek to understand the importance of strength of the heart.
- Strength of the heart is what gives you the resolve to take action... action that is rooted in intents that are pure and forthright. To keep the balance is not to be complacent or banal.
- You must show resolve for that which you believe in, and you must be willing to fight for it. The mother bear shows endless conviction in protecting her young, as does an elder bear protecting his den. It is this resolve, this strength of heart, which you must come to know if you are to master the way of the Claw.
- I have heard your words, Great Bear Spirit, and I understand. I now seek your blessings to fully learn the way of the Claw.
- It remains to be seen if you are ready, young one. Even the wisest and oldest of druids are never truly ready when their ultimate time of testing comes.
- You have heard my words, and now you must move on. Heed what I have taught you. There will be a time when you will have your strength tested. You must face your foe as the bear would - with strength of body and with strength of heart. Learn from the fight, young one. Go... with my blessings.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Removed.