|Great Gnomeregan Run|
|Duration||October 10 (2020)|
The Great Gnomeregan Run is a micro-holiday that takes place in October. In this gnome-themed, Alliance-only event, players can partake in a footrace from New Tinkertown in Dun Morogh to Booty Bay in the Cape of Stranglethorn.
- Join the Gnomes as they celebrate their unrelenting moxie! Race across the Eastern Kingdoms, from Gnomeregan down to Booty Bay!
- Official site (2020 version)
- Are you a gnome? Do you know a gnome? Would you like to BE a gnome? (And who wouldn’t?) Then rise UP to the challenge of The Great Gnomeregan Run on Saturday, October 10 from Gnomeregan to Booty Bay.
- Whether you’re a level 1 gnome (highly encouraged), a level 87 Dark Iron dwarf, or a level 120 worgen, you’ll be able to join in this fun run beginning in the gnome starting area, winding through Dun Morogh, Ironforge, the Deeprun Tram, Stormwind, Elwynn Forest, Duskwood, and Stranglethorn Vale where the run culminates in Booty Bay.
- It's a big big BIG world out there, but don’t worry about getting lost, there will be course markers and spectators along the way to help keep you on track. You’ll even see a few familiar faces among the onlookers including some new mechagnome friends!
- Stranglethorn Vale is a dangerous place for low-level characters so you may want to find some muscle to join you along the way for a little extra protection. If you’re a higher-level character, think about playing chaperone for a gnome.
- Whether short or tall, it will be a good time for all.
The race starts at from Mina Gleespanner. The race consists of a total of 34 gates that players need to pass before they can cross the finish line in Booty Bay and turn in the quest to Prince Erazmin. Fences, gnome banners, and Coordinators are placed along the route to direct racers toward the next gate, along with many crowds of cheering Supporters offering encouragement. Running through a gate causes a burst of fireworks.in New Tinkertown, where players can also accept the quest
|Starting Line||New Tinkertown|
|2||New Tinkertown||Brewnall Village|
|3||New Tinkertown||Eastern Chill Breeze Valley|
|4||Dun Morogh||North of Kharanos|
|6||Dun Morogh||Road to Ironforge|
|7||Dun Morogh||Gates of Ironforge|
|9||Ironforge||Southern Tinker Town entrance|
|10||Ironforge||Deeprun Tram entrance|
|11||N/A||Deeprun Tram||Ironforge station|
|12||Deeprun Tram||Stormwind station|
|13||Stormwind City||Dwarven District|
|14||Stormwind City||Trade District|
|15||Elwynn Forest||Stormwind Gate|
|17||Elwynn Forest||South of Crystal Lake|
|18||Elwynn Forest||Southeast of the Tower of Azora|
|19||Elwynn Forest||Brackwell Pumpkin Patch|
|20||Elwynn Forest||Brackwell Pumpkin Patch|
|23||Duskwood||Northwest of Manor Mistmantle|
|24||Duskwood||West of Manor Mistmantle|
|26||Duskwood||North of Yorgen Farmstead|
|27||Duskwood||Central crossroads, near Watcher Dodds' camp|
|28||Northern Stranglethorn||Southeast of Rebel Camp|
|30||Northern Stranglethorn||Southwest of Bambala|
|31||Northern Stranglethorn||South of Fort Livingston|
|32||Cape of Stranglethorn||West of Crystalvein Mine|
|33||Cape of Stranglethorn||Crossroads between the Gurubashi Arena and Ruins of Jubuwal|
|34||Cape of Stranglethorn||Outside entrance to Booty Bay|
|Finish Line||Cape of Stranglethorn||Roof of the Stranglethorn Trust Bank in Booty Bay|
- Quest givers
- Along the route
- Advertisers in Dalaran
The Great Gnomeregan Run is based on the "Running of the Gnomes", an annual fan-run charity event in October in which participants create level 1 gnome characters and run along the same route from New Tinkertown to Booty Bay. Blizzard reached out to the event's organizer Dravvie for permission to base the holiday off of her charity run. One of the possible appearances of the event's Supporter NPCs is based on the goggle-wearing mascot for the Running of the Gnomes (pictured right).
As of 2019, the Running of the Gnomes has been done ten times.
- From 2017 to 2019, Gelbin Mekkatorque was the quest ender for . In 2020, he was replaced by Prince Erazmin, and mechagnomes were added among the Supporters.
Gnomes in Dalaran advertising the event.
On the road to Ironforge.
Inside the Gates of Ironforge.
A dance party in the Deeprun Tram.
Outside the Rebel Camp.
Entrance to Booty Bay.
Millhouse Manastorm showing off his sick moves.
- Patch 7.2.5 (2017-06-13): Added.
- ^ In-game calendar
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment 2017-09-30. This Month in WoW®: October 2017. Retrieved on 2020-10-12.
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment 2020-10-10. Join The Great Gnomeregan Run—October 10. Archived from the original on 2020-10-12.
- ^ Dravvie's Wowhead comment on "The Great Gnomeregan Run - 7.2.5 Early Preview" (2017-05-02). Retrieved on 2020-10-12. “This is related to me, and I gave permission for the event. :) They're being really nice honoring a community event that everyone in the community was very kind in supporting for 7 years. <3 Dravvie”