|Hammer of the Righteous|
|Improvements||, , ,|
- "A hammer, a libram, and the strength of the Light - all necessary, but the hammer is the most fun."- Nimaasus the Implacable
Tips and tactics
Hammer of the Righteous attacks the paladin's current target with a straight melee physical attack, dealing 112% of weapon damage.
Hammer of the Righteous is one of the two protection paladin abilities able to be used while silenced. The other is . However, these two may not be used while disarmed. Most other protection abilities are usable while disarmed.
- Lightsworn Plate (Protection Tier 10) - 2 piece set bonus makes your Hammer of the Righteous ability deal 20% increased damage.
- Liadrin's Plate set (Protection Tier 9) - 2 piece set bonus makes your Hammer of the Righteous ability deal 5% increased damage.
- Turalyon's Plate set (Protection Tier 9) - 2 piece set bonus makes your Hammer of the Righteous ability deal 5% increased damage.
- Redemption Plate (Protection Tier 7) - 2 piece set bonus makes your Hammer of the Righteous ability deal 10% increased damage.
- Hotfix (2016-09-16): (Hotfix in testing; to be applied with next weekly maintenance) Most abilities used by Tank specializations have had their damage reduced by 10%.
- Hotfix (2016-09-13): Hammer of the Righteous will no longer show its impact visual on dead targets.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): No longer hits multiple enemies but deals 200% more damage to the primary target. Mana cost removed and no longer classified as a Holy spell.
- Hotfix (2015-07-21): Fixed an issue that caused Hammer of the Righteous to often hit the primary target twice instead of damaging one of the secondary targets.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): No longer applies the Weakened Blows effect.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now a specialization ability for Retribution in addition to Protection. Main target weapon damage reduced from 30% to 20%. Can now be used with two-handed weapons.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Mana cost has been lowered to 10%, down from 12% to match Crusader Strike.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Cooldown reduced from 6 seconds to 3 seconds, now hits target for physical damage and all nearby enemies (including target) for holy damage, and gives 1 Holy Power.
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): Tooltip corrected to indicate it does 4 times weapon DPS instead of 3.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.