|Level||50 (Requires 50)|
We need to know what we're up against. Before we return to the Serpent's Spine, we should take the opportunity to scout the swarm.
You will receive:
- 46 80
- 22,300 XP
A close call. Thank you, <name>.
- The quest name is likely a reference to the StarCraft II expansion Heart of the Swarm.
- Ride the Shado-Pan Kite
- The player jumps up on the kite in a standing position facing backwards. Taoshi steers the kite around the south side of the Clutches of Shek'zeer.
- Taoshi says: This is strictly reconnaissance. We take stock of the empress's forces and return to the Serpent's Spine.
- On approaching the entrance of the Heart of Fear, however, Shek'zara herself comes out.
- Scout the Heart of Fear
- Grand Empress Shek'zara yells: Meddlers! Come, my swarm! Show them the price for defying the Deep One!
- Escape the Dread Wastes
- Taoshi immediately turns the kite on its tail and flees eastward, but masses of Zara'thik Swarmlings are converging on your position.
- Taoshi says: We need to get out of here, now! Use these fireworks to hold off the swarm!
You can spam the vehicle action button to instantly kill any groups of swarmlings that you're aiming at all around the kite. Finally around the area of the Writhingwood, the mantid are left behind and Taoshi parachutes you onto the Serpent's Spine.
- Patch 8.3.0 (2020-01-14): Added.