Heritage armor sets are cosmetic rewards unique to each playable race. Their cosmetic nature means they are transmoggable over any armor type, from plate to cloth. The set is unlocked account-wide, and can be worn or transmogged by any character of the armor's race.
How to unlock
Core races can unlock their set by earning Exalted reputation with their respective racial faction on any max level character, and completing a short racial questline. To unlock the tauren heritage armor, the quest must also be completed.
List of sets
- Allied races
- Core races
- Unlike other heritage armor sets, the Heritage of the Mag'har set comes in multiple recolors to represent the different orcish clans.
- The blood elf and worgen heritage sets come with a pants and robe version.
- In a May 2019 interview, Morgan Day indicated that goblin and worgen heritage armors would be released alongside those races' model updates in patch 8.2.5. In August, however, Community Manager Kaivax clarified that no new heritage armor questlines would be added in 8.2.5 and that the sets would come in a later patch. On October 7th, the sets were confirmed as coming in patch 8.3.
- The Heritage of the Vulpera is the only allied race heritage armor that is not received in the allied race's starting zone nor from their leader. Instead of from Kiro in the Valley of Honor, vulpera receive their armor from Hagashi at the Vulpera Hideaway.
- ^ Suzie Ford 2019-05-15. New World of Warcraft 8.2 Info: Tyrande, Sylvanas, Customization, OH MY!. MMORPG.com. Retrieved on 2019-08-16. ““Shortly after Rise of Azshara, you’ll see [goblin and worgen model updates],” Morgan explained. “These are the two races that haven’t been updated. They’ll have new heritage armor with that as well.””
- ^ Kaivax 2019-08-16. Worgen & Goblin Heritage Armor? - World of Warcraft Forums. Retrieved on 2019-08-16. “I can confirm that 8.2.5 does not include any new Heritage Armor questlines.”
- ^ Kaivax 2019-08-19. Worgen & Goblin Heritage Armor? - World of Warcraft Forums. Retrieved on 2019-08-20. “We are getting Worgen and Goblin Heritage armor questlines in a future content update. We think it’s really cool to have these memorable questing experiences that go along with and encapsulate the moment when you inherit your Heritage armor. We’re working on bringing them to the game as soon as we can.”
- ^ World of Warcraft 2019-10-07. Watch the New Developer Content Update Preview (13:44). YouTube. Retrieved on 2019-10-07.