|Improvements||Barbarian (warrior honor talent),|
Heroic Leap is a level 26 warrior ability that causes the warrior to leap at a target, dealing damage to all enemies in the area upon landing. For Protection warriors it also reset the cooldown .
- Heroic Leap is not on the global cooldown.
- Heroic Leap is usable in any stance.
- Heroic Leap can be used while falling.
- Heroic Leap currently has some pathing issues with inclines.
- Barbarian (warrior honor talent) (Fury honor talent)
- (Protection honor talent)
Tips and tactics
As well being useful for catching fleeing opponents, it can also be used to escape combat, especially after using or . When combined with such abilities, the 40-yard distance granted is enough to place you out of range of any opponent's attacks, certainly for long enough to leave combat and mount.
When dealing with casters, Heroic Leap can be used to jump behind the opponent, causing their cast to fail.
Although Heroic Leap does deal some damage, the stun effect of Charge usually makes them preferable as openers.
It is possible to use abilities during Heroic Leap. This is most useful for casting mid-leap. When correctly timed, this will cause the stun effect and rage generation from Charge as well as the damage from Heroic Leap.
Mobs encountered during Heroic Leap's flight path will not be aggroed. Mobs within range of the warrior's landing spot will of course be aggroed as usual when the warrior lands.
As with many AoE abilities, the damage caused from Heroic Leap will be dealt to neutral mobs within range as well as hostile ones. When using Heroic Leap in crowded areas, this can potentially turn a 1-on-1 into something far more dangerous.
If hurt, the warrior can use this attack for a quick getaway.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2017-06-13): Casting Heroic Leap, Infernal Strike, Metamorphosis, or Grappling Hook while rooted will no longer consume the cooldown.
- Hotfix (2016-08-12): Heroic Leap, Grappling Hook, Infernal Strike, and Metamorphosis will now work more consistently, especially going up hills.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Now also resets the cooldown of when used by Protection warriors.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Cooldown reduced from 1 min to 45 sec.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Heroic Leap is no longer on the global cooldown, similar to other warrior movement abilities.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Added.