|Race||Draenei, Dwarf, Pandaren, Dark Iron Dwarf (Alliance)|
- "We must bring calm to the troubled elemental spirits of this land. Ma-no icta, my brethren."
Heroism is a level 50 Alliance shaman ability that increases haste by 30% for all party and raid members for 40 seconds. Heroism is available only to Alliance shamans; Horde shamans instead learn . The two spells are identical in every way except for the name, making it one of the bloodlust effects.
See the article on bloodlust effects for notes and tactics on all such abilities.
All targets affected by Heroism receive a 10 minute debuff called Exhaustion, preventing them from being affected by another bloodlust effect for the duration of the debuff.
- Heroism is the Alliance equivalent to Bloodlust, which is based off the spell of the same name found in both Warcraft II and Warcraft III, that preceded World of Warcraft. Despite being the exact same effect, [Heroism] was named differently due to "Bloodlust" not being an appropriate sounding term for the Alliance.
- Bloodlust and Heroism are some of the only faction-specific class abilities in the game.
- The Draenor navy battleship Heroism is named after this ability.
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): Level requirement reduced to 50 from 65.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): , Heroism, and can no longer be cast while in Arenas.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Cooldown reduced to 5 minutes, but Exhausted now last 10 minutes.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): Training cost increased to match the cost of .
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): Added.