|Race||Blood elf (Humanoid)|
|Location||The Solarium, Tempest Keep|
High Astromancer Solarian is a boss of the Eye in Tempest Keep. While she is a mage, she is notably attired in the warlock's tier 4 set Voidheart Raiment, likely due to the fact that she transforms into a massive voidwalker towards the end of her fight.
- 1 Abilities
- 2 Strategy
- 3 Loot
- 4 Quotes
- 5 First kills
- 6 In Hearthstone
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Patches and hotfixes
- 9 External links
Phase One: High Astromancer Solarian
In the Burning Crusade Classic encounter, Solarian uses her original (classic) abilities during phase one. She also has her original 4,552,500 health pool (nearly twice the value of her health after patch 2.1.0).
- Arcane Missiles — 3 times 3000 arcane damage on random target. Not interruptible.
- Blinding Light — 2500 Arcane AoE damage to the whole raid.
- Wrath of the Astromancer — Infuses an enemy with Arcane power, causing them to harm nearby allies for 5400 to 6600 (+ 100% of Spell power) Arcane damage after 6 sec. Instant.
- Arcane Missiles — Launch three waves of missiles at a random target, each wave dealing 3000 arcane damage. Not interruptible.
- Blinding Light — Inflicts 2280 to 2520 Arcane damage to all enemies and afflicts them with Mark of Solarian. Cast on the raid roughly every 45 seconds.
- Mark of Solarian — Reduces Arcane resistance by 15, stacking up to 30 times. Lasts 2 minutes.
- Wrath of the Astromancer — Infuses an enemy with Arcane power, causing the player to take 500 damage every 2 seconds for 8 seconds and applies Wrath of the Astromancer. Jumps to the nearest friendly target upon expiration. Unlimited jump distance.
- Wrath of the Astromancer — Increases arcane damage taken by 50% for 45 seconds, stacking up to 10 times.
Phase Two: Solarium Reinforcements
Every 50 seconds Solarian disappears, summons 12 non-elite agents, and returns in 15 seconds with two elite priests.
- Solarium Agent
Level 69 - 70, ~28,000-30,000 health.
- No abilities beyond high melee damage.
- Solarium Priest
Level 72 Elite, 54,243 health.
- Arcane Torrent — Silences all enemies within 8 yds for 2 sec.
- Great Heal — Heals Solarian for 23125 to 26875. 2 sec cast.
- Holy Smite — Smites an enemy for 675 - 1025 Holy damage. 2.5 sec cast.
Phase Three: Solarian Transformation
At 20% health, High Astromancer Solarian transforms into a massive Voidwalker, increasing her armor and replacing her arcane abilities with shadow. Adds are no longer summoned when this phase begins.
- Psychic Scream — Fears enemies within melee range for 4 sec. Cannot be dispelled.
- Void Bolt — Sends a bolt of dark magic at an enemy, inflicting 4394 to 5106 Shadow damage. 3 sec cast.
The strategy outlined below is for the reworked version of this encounter, and should not be used for the Burning Crusade Classic encounter.
Raid composition and gear
Since most of the damage dealt to the raid is arcane, some arcane resistance will help. It's a good idea if everybody brings their . Players should not nerf themselves to obtain high amounts of resistance though.
Melee damage dealers are very effective as Solarian cannot dodge while she is continuously casting spells. During the adds phase, the tanks have to control 15 mobs, thus strong AoE tanking is required. A good paladin tank can be quite valuable here.
During this phase, all ranged classes (healers and damage dealers) should stand close together on one spot. This makes it easier for people with the bomb debuff to get clear of everyone else, and AoE heals are more effective. During this phase and up until phase Three, she has no aggro table.
- Wrath of the Astromancer
This is the main reason for wipes here. In irregular intervals, Solarian casts this debuff on a random raid member. The affected player immediately deals continuous AoE damage to others for 6 seconds, and then explodes. The AoE damage is a fixed amount, distributed evenly to all targets in range (thus if many raid members are close, they take only low damage). The explosion deals 5400-6600 arcane damage to everyone in a 10 yard radius, and throws everybody affected by it high enough into the air for about 90% falling damage. Upon landing, the person with the debuff is protected against falling damage, while everybody else is usually killed. Raid members receiving the debuff must immediately get clear from all other raid members. This is the single most important aspect of this fight.
Since Patch 2.3.0, and no longer trigger the explosion instantly, so using these abilities is perfectly safe.
- Arcane Missiles
Most of the time, Solarian busies herself with spamming Arcane Missiles. Since they deal a substantial amount of damage, it's important that healers react quickly when a raid member is about to receive it. 2-3 healers should be dedicated to the task of keeping the arcane missile targets up. They can set up a macro to cast a quick heal on Solarians current target. It's rather risky to use slow heals here.
Every 50 seconds, Solarian disappears and 12-15 non-elite adds spawn from three "light portals". After 15 seconds, she re-appears together with two elite priest adds, and Phase 1 starts again.
During the 15 seconds of phase 2, the whole raid should concentrate in the center of the room, and start all-out AoE. People need to be very quick here, because Solarian starts her usual phase 1 routine right after she reappears.
This need for high speed puts the AoE damage dealers at a high risk - they cannot allow a lot of time for the tanks to build aggro (but still need to do so, else they'll die right away).
After 15 seconds, Solarian and two priest adds spawn from the beams of light. It's possible to determine from which beam the boss spawns - it's the one which is exactly on the circular border, whereas the two other beams which are not exactly aligned with the border spawn priests.
The priest adds will begin casting either Holy Smite or a healing spell on themselves or Solarian. Two tank+rogue groups can split off on the priest adds and have the tank handle the damage from Holy Smites while the rogue uses or on any upcoming heals.
When Solarians health hits 20%, the fight turns into a simple "tank and spank" style combat (even if only a few raid members are alive the fight is usually won at this stage). She turns into a massive armored voidwalker and stops all of her former attacks. In that form, she has substantially increased armor, an void bolt attack and fears people in melee range. This fear can be avoided by the usual measures (, stance dance, tremor totem).
- Tal anu'men no sin'dorei!
- Phase 2 (Solarium Agents)
- I will crush your delusions of grandeur!
- You are hopelessly outmatched!
- Phase 3 (Voidwalker Form)
- Enough of this! Now I call upon the fury of the cosmos itself.
- I become ONE... with the VOID!
- Killing a player
- Your soul belongs to the abyss!
- By the blood of the Highborne!
- For the Sunwell!
- The warmth of the sun... awaits.
- See also: Guild progression (TBC)
Solarian appears as a legendary card for the mage class in the Ashes of Outland expansion for Hearthstone. Upon death, she shuffles back into the player's deck as Solarian Prime, depicting her as she appears when transformed into a voidwalker. Solarian's flavor text reads: "Loyal to Kael'thas Sunstrider, this blood elf mage sought arcane power in the Void. Did she find it... or did IT find her?"
- Solarian is voiced by Kath Soucie.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2012-09-18): Solarian's Solarium Priests should again be hitting for expected amounts of damage.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Health and damage reduced by 30%.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): The use of , , , and other similar spells and abilities will no longer prematurely detonate High Astromancer Solarian's Wrath of the Astromancer spell.
- Patch 2.2.0 (2007-09-25): The spells cast by High Astromancer Solarian have been extensively reworked. Wrath of the Astromancer is now completely different in function. Mark of the Astromancer has been renamed to Light of the Astromancer and no longer reduces Arcane resistance. A player's Arcane Resistance now also provides normal damage mitigation to Solarian's spells.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22):
- Arcane Resistance will prove much more effective against High Astromancer Solarian's spells.
- High Astromancer Solarian now summons fewer Solarian agents, and the Solarium Agents now deal less damage.
- High Astromancer Solarian's hit points have been greatly reduced.
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Added.