|Level||84 - 87 Elite|
|Affiliation(s)||Twilight's Hammer, Twilight Council|
High Priestess Azil is the fourth and final boss of the Stonecore.
High Priestess Azil is one of the few known Lords of the Twilight Council.
High Priestess Azil is one of the few who has survived communing with the Twilight's Hammer cult's eldritch masters, although little remains of her sanity. She instills terror in lesser cultists so that they will sacrifice themselves without hesitation when their masters command it.
Stage One: Kill the Intruders!
- Curse of Blood — High Priestess Azil curses a random enemy player, increasing the player's Physical damage taken by 1000 for 15 sec.
- Force Grip — High Priestess Azil traps her current enemy target in a field of energy for 5 sec, repeatedly lifting them up and then slamming them into the ground. Each time the target is slammed into the ground, they are dealt 18850 to 21150 Physical damage.
- Gravity Well — High Priestess Azil summons a Gravity Well at the location of a random player. After 3 seconds, the Gravity Well fully forms and will then pull any nearby target within 10 yards of the well's center towards it. A Gravity Well will also inflict Shadow damage every 0.5 second to any target within the well. The damage inflicted is increased the closer the target is to the center of the Gravity Well. Gravity Wells have a duration of 20 seconds. In Heroic Difficulty a Gravity Well no longer has a set duration. If a Gravity Well kills a unit, they shrink in size by 25%. So after killing 4 units, they disappear.
- Devout Follower — Devout Followers rush to help High Priestess Azil during the fight. These creatures have very low health.
Stage Two: Feel the Fury of Earth!
High Priestess Azil begins this stage by casting Energy Shield, then she hovers up to her altar where she will cast Seismic Shard three times. After finishing casting the Seismic Shard spells, she returns to the ground. Many more Devout Followers rush to help Azil during this stage.
- Energy Shield — High Priestess Azil creates an Energy Shield around her which reduces the damage she takes by 75%. When the shield is initially created, any enemy target within 5 yards is dealt 14250 to 15750 Arcane damage and knocked back.
- Seismic Shard — High Priestess Azil magically raises up a huge shard of stone, then throws it at the location of a random enemy player. When the shard lands it inflicts 32987 to 37012 damage to all units within 3.5 yards.
At various times during this fight, Azil will cast Energy Shield and fly back up to the altar she started on. Ranged party members can still DPS her while she is there, but with the 75% damage absorption granted by Energy Shield their time is generally better spent preparing to intercept the incoming devout followers (so they don't eat the healer).
When Azil is on the ground and engaged:
- The tank may spend most of their time force gripped. When not gripped, the tank should (obviously) not stand in the gravity wells.
- DPS are encouraged to interrupt Force Grip.
- Azil will cast Gravity Well at individual players as indicated by the large purple rings that will appear around them. Players should move out of these areas immediately but just as importantly; ranged DPS should by their positioning try to bait Azil into casting these gravity wells in an area between Azil's platform and where the upcoming packs of followers will come from, forming a wall through which the followers must pass to get at anyone. Note: This is unlike most other fights where a boss' abilities won't affect their friends. Azil's Gravity Wells can and will kill most of her devout followers for you, making this fight much, much easier.
- When positioning yourself with the intention of creating a wall of gravity wells, keep in mind that you will need to be able to move in phase 2 to avoid boulders, so do not block yourselves into a corner.
While Azil is over her platform (and protected by Energy Shield):
- Packs of 9-12 non-elite devout followers will enter the area from the rear and sides in an attempt to overwhelm the group. These followers are identical to those from the previous hallway and the three squads kneeling in front of Azil when you first enter the area. They will hit for an average of 1650 physical damage (on plate) each time, and the groups may spawn between 1 and 3 times per cycle. Their sheer numbers make them difficult to keep away from the healers, so players with AoE abilities (damage or snares/slows) should feel free to use them liberally and drag the followers through the Gravity Wells.
- Azil will summon large boulders to throw at players. The cast time on these is quite long, and a large cloud of dust will appear on the ground below the targeted player who should move away from them to avoid being crushed by the boulder.
Fight plays out the same as normal mode, no new abilities. However, Seismic Shard will one shot most players so it is imperative that everyone moves out of the dust clouds. Further Summon Gravity Well will be casted more frequently in comparison to the normal version.
- The world will be reborn in flames!
- Throw boulder
- Witness the power bestowed upon me by Deathwing! Feel the fury of earth!
- Killing a player
- A sacrifice for you, master.
- For my death, countless more will fall. The burden is now yours to bear.
- Unused quotes
- Minions, followers, children of the World-Breaker, I call to you now! The hallowed halls of our father have been befouled! Kill the intruders!
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2014-10-17): High Priestess Azil's Force Grip ability has been temporarily disabled.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): High Priestess Azil's Seismic Shard now has a more obvious warning visual.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.