|Location||Terrace of the Augurs, Lost City of the Tol'vir|
High Prophet Barim is a boss in the Lost City of the Tol'vir.
High Prophet Barim is the hallowed spiritual leader of the Neferset. Along with General Husam, he rallied his fellow Neferset against Siamat and imprisoned the air elemental. Regardless, some dark force still drives Barim and his followers to terrorize Uldum.
Stage One: Begone Infidels!
- Fifty Lashings — High Prophet Barim punishes his current enemy with Fifty Lashings. Barim's next 10 melee swings that deal damage inflict an additional 5000 Physical damage.
- Plague of Ages — High Prophet Barim hurls a bolt of cursed blight that targets a random player then jumps to hit two more random players. The bolt inflicts 6800 to 9200 Nature damage and an additional 3806 to 4423 Nature damage every 2 seconds for 9 sec.
- Heaven's Fury — High Prophet Barim opens up the heavens at the location of a random player. The light from above inflicts 13875 to 16125 Holy damage every 1.5 seconds to every player within 4 yards of the location for 9 seconds.
- Blaze of the Heavens — High Prophet Barim summons a fiery phoenix to join the fight. If the Blaze of the Heavens reaches 1% remaining health, it transforms into a phoenix egg and begins to heal. After approximately 20 seconds, the egg will hatch into a new Blaze of the Heavens.
- Blaze of the Heavens — The phoenix inflicts 7400 to 8600 Fire damage every 1.5 seconds to any player within 3 yards. The phoenix slowly immolates herself, losing 5% of its health every 1.5 seconds.The phoenix also creates small 3 yard radius patches of fire on the ground underneath her every 1.5 seconds. The patches inflict 7400 to 8600 Fire damage to any player standing within them.
- Repentance — When High Prophet Barim's remaining health reaches 50%, Barim pulls every player to him and forces them to kneel in front of him while stunned for 6 sec. Barim then rips your soul apart, banishing your soul to the darkness and triggering stage two of the encounter.An area of hallowed ground also opens up around Barim, and this ground inflicts 7400 to 8600 Holy damage every 5 second to any player standing within 13 yards of the ground's center.
Stage Two: Kneel and Repent
After High Prophet Barim casts Repentance, he becomes immune to damage and players find themselves in a realm of darkness. Players must defeat the Harbinger of Darkness to end stage two, return to their normal bodies, and continue the fight against Barim.
- Harbinger of Darkness — Defeating this dark phoenix ends stage two.
- Wail of Darkness — The Harbinger periodically inflicts 2925 to 3075 Shadow damage to every player.
- Soul Sever — The Harbinger of Darkness severs the soul of a random player, creating a Soul Fragment. The Soul Fragment then moves towards the Harbinger of Darkness. If the Soul Fragment reaches the Harbinger it will cast Merged Souls.
- Soul Fragment — These creatures have low health and move slowly.
- Merged Souls — If a Soul Fragment reaches the Harbinger of Darkness, the Soul Fragment will heal the Harbinger for 41625 to 48375 and increase the size and damage dealt by the Harbinger by 20%. After casting this spell, the Soul Fragment disappears.
- Baram periodically gains the Fifty Lashing buff, greatly increasing the damage that he does to the tank. The healer and tank should use cooldowns if need be.
- Periodically, random players are targeted by Heaven's Fury (looks like a bolt of light from the sky). They should run out of it.
- At around 50%, Baram casts Repentance, pulling all players to him and stunning them. After a few seconds, everyone is knocked back and sent out into the spirit world.
- Baram is immune to all damage while channeling Repentance or in the spirit world.
- A Harbinger of Darkness will appear; the tank needs to immediately taunt it. Showing enemies nameplates may make it easier to see.
- Everyone needs to stay out of the glowing ground around Barim or they will take damage from Hallowed Ground.
- After the Harbinger of Darkness dies, phase one repeats until Barim dies.
- The phoenix that spawns on Heroic Mode can and should be kited away from the rest of the group by ranged DPS.
A phoenix add spawns immediately after pulling the Boss. The dps can either down this quickly and wait for it to respawn (takes about 30 seconds), or have someone kite it around the battle area until the Boss gets to phase two, either option is viable. The phoenix will morph into an egg if it takes enough damage. While in egg form, it regenerates health unless consistently damaged. The phoenix can be neutralized by simply allowing it to remain in egg form, dotting the egg or inflicting some damage on it so it never reaches 100%.
In phase two (Repentance), all of the dps needs to keep as much distance from the tank as possible while they kite the Heart of Darkness. A single Soul Fragment reaching the Heart of Darkness will bring the party down by roughly 70k hp. The tank needs to make sure that he is slowly turning and kite in a circle as well. If you get too far from the boss--you will take fall damage when he pulls you back in for phase three.
Also, the second phase includes random fire circles all over the ground that you have to avoid.
|Agility mail leggings|
|Strength one-hand sword|
|Caster plate boots|
- Begone infidels, you are not welcome here!
- Kneel before me and repent!
- Killing a player
- May peace find you now.
- The Heavens take you!
- Death is only the beginning!
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.