The High Seat serves as the throne room of the monarch of the city and kingdom of Ironforge. The chamber is located at the heart of the city, found just off the Great Forge and Commons areas. The throne room was used until recent times by King Magni Bronzebeard, Ironforge's monarch. However, since the Cataclysm and Magni's petrification, the throne of the kingdom has remained vacant. During this period, a provisional body known as the Council of Three Hammers was established to rule the dwarves, and continued to occupy the High Seat.
The High Seat currently hosts three thrones (one for each of the clans forming the Council) belonging to Moira Thaurissan, Muradin Bronzebeard, and Falstad Wildhammer. Several other important figures also reside here, such as Senator Barin Redstone and Royal Historian Archesonus.
The room is spacious enough to accommodate a large number of people, and can sometimes be full when petitioners are heard.
- Council of Three Hammers
- Moira Thaurissan <Dark Iron Representative>
- Muradin Bronzebeard <Bronzebeard Representative>
- Falstad Wildhammer <Wildhammer Representative>
- Wildhammer Fact Checker
- Senator Barin Redstone
- Royal Historian Archesonus
- Honor Guard Dunstad
- Mountaineer Barleybrew
- Corin Twinbellows
- The ruins of Old Ironforge can be accessed through a large doorway in the High Seat. A second door on the other side of the room remains closed.
- During the beta, Old Ironforge was included in this subzone, and certain NPCs now found at the Seat were instead found below.
- The thrones of the Imperial Seat and Nefarian's Lair are similar to those of the High Seat, but feature a wolf head instead of an eagle head. These two animals also decorate dwarven siege engines.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Magni Bronzebeard removed. Council of Three Hammers and additional NPCs added.