|Title||Keeper, Titanic Watcher|
|Race||Titanic watcher (Giant)|
|Affiliation(s)||Pantheon, Ulduar, Valarjar|
|Occupation||Keeper of Ulduar, Champion of the Valarjar|
Hodir is a titanic watcher who resides in Ulduar. He once resided in the Temple of Winter, lending his guidance to the frost giants in the Storm Peaks. The Sons of Hodir, a faction in the region, refer to Hodir as a father figure or creator.
It was announced on Feb 17, 2009 that Hodir would be a raid encounter in the then-upcoming Ulduar raid dungeon. After being defeated, Hodir is redeemed and teleports away to optionally help the players against Yogg-Saron later.
Hodir was one of the Keepers created by the Pantheon to lead the titan-forged armies against the forces of the Old Gods. Hodir was imbued with power by Golganneth. Together with Thorim and Ra, he battled and defeated Al'Akir the Windlord.
He disappeared after Loken's betrayal of the other titanic Watchers. It is said that the temple guardians are verified to be deceased. A sulfurous odor suggests that death resulted from a fire-base entity and that the previously established cold weather patterns at the temple have ceased.
Now the watcher dwells in an ice cave in the Halls of Winter, forced to serve the will of Yogg-Saron. Hodir first appears as a boss within Ulduar. After defeating him, he breaks from Yogg-Saron's corruption and aids the adventurers in the battle against the Old God. When active, Hodir provides the following buffs:
- Fortitude of Frost — Reduces damage taken from all sources by 20%.
- Hodir's Protective Gaze — Instead of dying, characters get a chance to get encased in ice by Hodir (a 10 second buff which can be clicked away).
Though Odyn sounds the Gjallarhorn, which the keepers of Ulduar are oathbound to answer, they are unable to for the Burning Legion has invaded Ulduar. Odyn sends his Valarjar to aid the forces of Ulduar in their defenses, and Hodir chases the demons through a portal as they retreat. On the other side, in Niskara, Hodir was captured and corrupted by the Legion, but Thorim and the Valarjar work together to save him. As gratitude, he offers himself to become a champion in service of the Battlelord and remains at Skyhold.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|The Shattered Walkway||??||7,344,360|
|100 - 108||611,763|
- Main article: Hodir (tactics)#Quotes
- Main article: Ulduar's Oath#Notes
- Main article: The Fate of Hodir#Notes
- I thank you for aiding me, <name>. I will gladly fight along your side in Odyn's army.
- Gossip at Ulduar
Mortals, I am indebted to you for freeing me from the terrible corruption that besets this place. Though I have not yet recovered fully, I can help you battle Yogg-Saron.
I can grant you and your friends the Fortitude of Frost, increasing your damage and reducing damage taken from enemy attacks. Should one of you be about to fall in battle, I can freeze you in a block of ice, protecting you from all damage for a short time. Know that this ability taxes my power, and I must rest after using it.
Lend us your aid, keeper. Together we will defeat Yogg-Saron.
- You need something?
- Speak, friend.
- What do you need?
- I am Hodir.
- I owe you one, but don't push it.
- Cool it!
- Don't make me have to put you on ice, small friend.
- That's cold!
- Snow big deal!
- Stay frosty!
- May the winds of the north be at your back.
- Stay vigilant.
- Winds of the north consume you!
- Tremble before the northern winds!
- Feel the wrath of Hodir!
- Hodir is voiced by Richard Epcar.
- Hodir may be named after the Æsir Höðr of Norse mythology. Loken's betrayal parallels that of Loki of the same mythology, who tricked Hod into shooting his brother Baldr.
- Alternatively, he may be named after Hymir, a frost giant who once went fishing for Jörmungandr with Thor.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Added.