Holy Fire
Spell holy searinglight.png
  • Holy Fire
  • Level 10 Holy priest ability
  • 40 yd range
  • 1.0% of base mana
  • 10 sec cooldown
  • Instant
  • Consumes the enemy in Holy flames that cause (200% of spell power) Holy damage and an additional (231% of spell power) Holy damage over 7 sec. Stacks up to 2 times.
Usable by
Class Priest
School Holy
Cooldown 10 sec
Other information
Level learned 10
Related debuff
Spell holy searinglight.png
  • Magic
  • Holy Fire
  • (33% of spell power) Holy damage every 1 seconds.
  • Duration: 7 seconds

Holy Fire is a level 10 Holy priest ability. It is an instant Holy-based priest hybrid-damage spell, which causes direct damage and additional damage over time. About 39% of the damage is caused by the DD, and the other 61% by the DoT. Holy Fire is generally the Holy priest's fastest and most mana efficient direct damage spell.


  • [Smite] has a 20% chance to reset the cooldown of Holy Fire.


  • The spell's Direct Damage and DoT components are calculated separately, and are not in fixed proportion.


Patch changes

  • Legion Patch 7.2.5 (2017-06-13): Damage increased by 25%.
  • Legion Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25):
    • Damage increased to 200% of spell power (was 150%).
    • Now learned at level 10 (was 12).
  • Legion Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): No longer available to Discipline priests.
  • Warlords of Draenor Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now lasts 9 seconds (up from 7 seconds).
  • Mists of Pandaria Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Now an instant cast ability. Holy Fire is now replaced by [Power Word: Solace] if chosen.
  • Cataclysm Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26):
    • Damage has been increased to be approximately 30% higher than [Smite].
    • The direct damage portion of Holy Fire can now trigger [Evangelism].
  • Wrath of the Lich King Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Cast time reduced to 2 seconds, down from 3.5. Damage increased roughly 60%. Duration for the damage over time effect reduced to 7 seconds, down from 10. Holy Fire now has a 10 second cooldown.
  • Bc icon.gif Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): The rank 9 tooltip has been corrected to indicate it does Holy damage.
  • WoW Icon update.png Patch 1.10.0 (2006-03-28): Now available to all priests, starting at level 20.
  • WoW Icon update.png Patch 1.4.0 (2005-04-19):
    • Should now be affected by the [Focused Casting] talent.
    • Several changes were made to Holy Fire in an effort to make this a more usable and efficient damage spell. The cast time was reduced from five seconds to four seconds, which reduces the damage caused. Therefore, the damage was increased and more of the spell's potency was shifted into the damage-over-time portion. The duration was also increased and mana cost and cooldown were both decreased. While the direct damage portion was reduced slightly from the previous version, each tick of damage should be unchanged, and the spell now delivers one additional tick of damage. In total, the relative damage and efficiency of the spell has been increased.
  • WoW Icon update.png Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): Fixed a bug with the bonus damage gained from +fire damage items. Such items now have a greater effect on this spell.

See also

External links