- Horned Viking Helmet
- Item Level
- Binds when picked up
- 36 Armor
- +15 Strength
- +10 Stamina
- Use: Charge an enemy, knocking it silly for 30 seconds. Also knocks you down, stunning you for a short period of time. Any damage caused will revive the target. Chance to fizzle when used against targets over level 60.
- Durability 85 / 85
- Requires Level 35
- Sell Price: 20 55
Horned Viking Helmet is a Plate Helmet.
A lot of level 60 Warriors choose to farm for this helm, as its "use" effect, "Reckless Charge", stuns an enemy player or NPC for 30 seconds. This is extremely useful in PvP, especially Arathi Basin, although the cooldown on the use-effect is 30 minutes. Any level 60+ warrior with decent gear can solo Eric, and any mobs encountered on the way to him in Uldaman. Be aware however, that once you engage Eric, his two Viking friends will assist him in combat. However, these can be ignored while fighting Eric, and dealt with once Eric is dead.
- In Blizzard's first game, The Lost Vikings, Erik is known for running quickly and also bashing in walls with his helmet, which stuns him as well.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Converted from Mail to Plate.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Stats squished.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Converted from Plate to Mail. Item level reduced from 42 to 40. Agility converted to Strength.
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): Now has a chance to fail when used against target over level 60.
- Patch 1.9.0 (2006-01-03): The Reckless Charge ability of the Horned Viking Helmet is now considered an incapacitating effect instead of a sleep effect.
- Patch 0.9 (2004-08-17): Updated with a new effect.