- For Skeletal horse mounts, see Skeletal horse mounts. For Felsteed mounts, see Demonic mounts. For lore, see horse.
- 1 Factional mounts: Apprentice
- 2 Factional mounts: Journeyman
- 3 Gilneas mountain horses
- 4 Class specific mounts
- 5 Other horse mounts
- 6 Related animal mounts
- 7 Stormwind horse breeders quotes
- 8 References
Factional mounts: Apprentice
You can purchase these mounts from several vendors:
- Gregor MacVince <Horse Breeder> at Theramore Isle in Dustwallow Marsh
- Katie Hunter <Horse Breeder> at the Eastvale Logging Camp in Elwynn Forest
- Katie Stokx <Horse Breeder> outside Old Town in Stormwind City
- Unger Statforth <Horse Breeder> in Menethil Harbor in the Wetlands
Factional mounts: Journeyman
You can purchase these mounts from Katie Hunter, Katie Stokx or Gregor MacVince, so long as your character has riding skill of 150 (obtainable at level 40). They are reputation restricted like the apprentice mounts.
Original epic mounts
These used the old epic mount graphics and as of Patch 1.4 are no longer obtainable.
Gilneas mountain horses
In addition to the horses of Stormwind, patch 4.3.0 brought about two new horses for the people of Gilneas, purchasable from Astrid Langstrump <Mountain Horse Handler> in Darnassus, just outside the Howling Oak. If you are playing as any race other than worgen, you will also need to have Exalted reputation with Gilneas.
These horses have several differences from that of the Stormwind horse mounts. Originally, mountain horses were slightly larger than the other horse mounts, and did not rear up and neigh for their mount special. Instead, mountain horses leaned down to graze. They do not have saddles, and had slightly touched up model skins. This was changed with the launch of Battle for Azeroth, where the Mountain Horse model was completely swapped from the original unsaddled horses to the new high definition horse models without saddles. They are still slightly larger than other horses and do not neigh.
Class specific mounts
Human and blood elf paladins gain the ability to summon a warhorse (apprentice level mount) at level 20, and a Charger (Journeyman level mount) at level 40. (Draenei, dwarves, tauren, and Zandalari troll paladins get different mounts.)
Alliance Warhorse (Humans)
Thalassian Warhorse (Blood elves)
Alliance Charger (Humans)
Thalassian Charger (Blood elves)
Paladins of all races are able to acquire additional mounts:
Highlord's Valorous, Vengeful and Vigilant Chargers can be bought once (and the quest mount) is achieved for Holy, Retribution and Protection specializations respectively. Crusader Lord Dalfors sells them for 1000 each.
- Main article: Demonic mounts
Other horse mounts
- is a reward from . This quest is at the end of the questline.
- reward for recruiting the Kul Tiran human allied race to the Alliance.
- Sinrunner Blanchy.jpg
- is available from Lieutenant Karter <War Mount Quartermaster> in Stormwind for 15 Marks of Honor. This is a slight variant on an older Black War Steed mount.
- can be bought from Quartermaster Brazie for 165 when Exalted with Baradin's Wardens.
- and can be purchased with a from Necrolord Sipe.
- is rewarded to Alliance players from .
- and can be bought from Corporal Arthur Flew for 500 5 and 100 respectively. You must have completed or be a human to gain access to this quartermaster.
- can be bought from Dame Evniki Kapsalis. Players who have attained the rank of <Crusader> can buy it for 100 .
Horse mounts as loot
A number of horse mounts are available as loot items from various places.
- is looted from Attumen the Huntsman in Karazhan.
- is a rare drop from during Hallow's End.
- , the undead steed that belonged to Arthas Menethil in life and in death, is a rare drop from defeating the Lich King in Icecrown Citadel on 25-player heroic mode.
- and are rare drops from Knight-Captain Aldrin and Doomrider Helgrim respectively, both located in a warfront-controlled Arathi Highlands. Obtaining just one of these unlocks the other faction mount.
- is a rare world drop from Stormsong Valley.
- is a supernatural warhorse, the first mount directly purchasable from Blizzard, for $25US or €20/£17, and scales with the player's riding skill and location.
- is rewarded from winning 3 games in Play or Arena mode in an ongoing promotion in Hearthstone.
- is an Alliance mount included in World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth Collector's Edition and World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth Digital Deluxe Edition.
- was a bonus for players that signed up in 2011 for the World of Warcraft Annual Pass.
- can be obtained through the Recruit-A-Friend system.
- can be purchased from Auzin in Dalaran for 5000 . The vendor is only available during WotLK timewalking events.
- can be purchased from Provisioner Fray in Boralus for 10000 when Exalted with Proudmoore Admiralty.
- can be purchased from Sister Lilyana in Stormsong Valley for 10000 when Exalted with Storm's Wake.
- can be purchased from Quartermaster Alcorn in Drustvar for 10000 when Exalted with Order of Embers.
- can be purchased from Mistress Mihaela in Revendreth for 30000 when Exalted with Court of Harvesters.
- Court Sinrunner.jpg
Trading Card Game
No longer available
- was a 100% drop from the Argent Crusade Tribute Chest, found after a Alliance raid completes the 10 man Trial of the Grand Crusader.
- to the Alliance, and to the Horde were awarded after achieving .
Related animal mounts
- Main article: Unicorn mounts
Stormwind horse breeders quotes
- Neutral non-human
- Sorry, but I am not disposed to sell horses to any individual who is not considered to be at least exalted to the Kingdom of Stormwind. These steeds are the finest you'll find anywhere, and we certainly wouldn't want them in the hands of our enemies.
- Not saying you're an enemy, of course... just earn the trust of Stormwind and then we can do business.
- Friendly and above non-human
- Years of quality breeding techniques and plenty of care allow me the privilege of showing you these horses! Please, take your time as you consider them for your mount. A horse is a companion for the ages, friend. Don't sell yourself short - get your steed here today!