- For Skeletal horse mounts, see Skeletal horse mounts. For Felsteed mounts, see Demonic mounts. For lore, see horse.
- 1 Factional: Apprentice
- 2 Factional: Journeyman
- 3 Gilneas mountain horses
- 4 Class-specific
- 5 Other
- 6 Related animals
- 7 No longer available
- 8 Stormwind horse breeders quotes
- 9 References
These mounts can be purchased from Gregor MacVince, Katie Hunter, Katie Stokx, or Unger Statforth for 1, so long as your character has the Apprentice riding skill. If you are playing as any race other than a human, you will also need to have Exalted reputation with Stormwind City.
These mounts can be purchased from Katie Hunter, Katie Stokx or Gregor MacVince for 10, so long as your character has the Journeyman riding skill. They are reputation restricted like the apprentice mounts.
Gilneas mountain horses
In addition to the horses of Stormwind, patch 4.3.0 brought about two new horses for the people of Gilneas, purchasable from Astrid Langstrump in Darnassus, just outside the Howling Oak. If you are playing as any race other than worgen, you will also need to have Exalted reputation with Gilneas.
These horses have several differences from that of the Stormwind horse mounts. Originally, mountain horses were slightly larger than the other horse mounts, and did not rear up and neigh for their mount special. Instead, mountain horses leaned down to graze. They do not have saddles, and had slightly touched up model skins. This was changed with the launch of Battle for Azeroth, where the Mountain Horse model was completely swapped from the original unsaddled horses to the new high definition horse models without saddles. They are still slightly larger than other horses and do not neigh.
Human and blood elf paladins gain the ability to summon a warhorse (apprentice level mount) and a Charger (Journeyman level mount). (Draenei, dwarves, tauren, and Zandalari troll paladins get different mounts.)
Paladins of all races are able to acquire additional mounts:
- through the Argent Tournament once they reach the rank of <Crusader>.
- from .
- Highlord's (and the quest mount) is achieved for Holy, Retribution and Protection specializations respectively. Crusader Lord Dalfors sells them for 1,000 each. , and chargers can be bought once
- Main article: Demonic mounts
- Mawsworn Charger mount.jpg
- and can be bought from Corporal Arthur Flew for 500 5 and 100 respectively. You must have completed or be a human to gain access to this quartermaster.
- can be bought from Dame Evniki Kapsalis. Players who have attained the rank of <Crusader> can buy it for 100 .
- and are available for purchase from the Battle.net Shop or In-Game Store.
- can be purchased from the Battle.net Shop or In-Game Store. It was originally available with Battle for Azeroth's Collector's Edition and Digital Deluxe Edition.
- Fallen Charger in the Maw. is a rare drop from the
- Attumen the Huntsman in Karazhan. is looted from
- during Hallow's End. is a rare drop from
- Arthas Menethil in life and in death, is a rare drop from defeating the Lich King in Icecrown Citadel on 25-player heroic mode. , the undead steed that belonged to
- and are rare drops from Knight-Captain Aldrin and Doomrider Helgrim respectively, both located in a warfront-controlled Arathi Highlands. Obtaining just one of these unlocks the other faction mount.
- world drop from Stormsong Valley. is a rare
- The Nine in the Sanctum of Domination on all difficulties. is a rare drop from
- . is a rare drop from
- Fallen Charger mount.jpg
- Invincible mount.jpg
- Sanctum Gloomcharger.jpg
- Soulbound Gloomcharger.jpg
- Lieutenant Karter in Stormwind for 15 Marks of Honor. This is a slight variant on an older Black War Steed mount. is available from
- Quartermaster Brazie for 165 when Exalted with Baradin's Wardens. can be bought from
- can be purchased with a from Necrolord Sipe. and
- . is rewarded to Alliance players from
- is rewarded from winning 3 games in Play or Arena mode in an ongoing promotion in Hearthstone.
- was a bonus for players that signed up in 2011 for the World of Warcraft Annual Pass.
- can be obtained through the Recruit-A-Friend system.
- . This quest is at the end of the questline. is a reward from
- reward for recruiting the Kul Tiran human allied race to the Alliance.
Trading Card Game
- Auzin in Dalaran for 5,000 . The vendor is only available during WotLK timewalking events. can be purchased from
- Provisioner Fray in Boralus for 10,000 when Exalted with Proudmoore Admiralty. can be purchased from
- Sister Lilyana in Stormsong Valley for 10,000 when Exalted with Storm's Wake. can be purchased from
- Quartermaster Alcorn in Drustvar for 10,000 when Exalted with Order of Embers. can be purchased from
- can be purchased from Mistress Mihaela in Revendreth for 30,000 when Exalted with Court of Harvesters.
- Main article: Unicorn mounts
No longer available
- patch 1.4.0. and were the old epic mounts and are no longer obtainable since
- was a 100% drop from the Argent Crusade Tribute Chest, found after an Alliance raid completes the 10-man Trial of the Grand Crusader.
- to the Alliance and to the Horde were awarded after achieving .
Stormwind horse breeders quotes
- Neutral non-human
- Sorry, but I am not disposed to sell horses to any individual who is not considered to be at least exalted to the Kingdom of Stormwind. These steeds are the finest you'll find anywhere, and we certainly wouldn't want them in the hands of our enemies.
- Not saying you're an enemy, of course... just earn the trust of Stormwind and then we can do business.
- Friendly and above non-human
- Years of quality breeding techniques and plenty of care allow me the privilege of showing you these horses! Please, take your time as you consider them for your mount. A horse is a companion for the ages, friend. Don't sell yourself short - get your steed here today!