Humar the Pridelord is a hostile level 15 rare mob cat found just outside of Ratchet in the Northern Barrens. Low level characters trying to kill (rather than tame) him should pull him away from the other lions under the tree, as he emits a "Thundering Roar" when low on health that will aggro all nearby lions, often resulting in a swift death for the careless.
Hunters often seek to tame Humar because of his unique coloration. Note that with Wrath of the Lich King expansion, Blizzard added another black male lion named Pitch. Pitch is a level 76 tamable cat who can be found in Sholazar Basin. He looks identical to Humar, but is not a rare spawn. Hunters, who want a black male lion, could tame it instead without waiting for Humar's long respawn timer but will not enjoy the prestige of owning this beautiful Cat at lower levels.
- To the northwest of Ratchet, just beyond the hills is a plain that is home to several dens of lions. You will find Humar at the northeast end of this plain.
- Take the western road out of Ratchet. As you reach the top of the hill turn to the right and follow the mountain back to the northeast. The mountain will eventually curve back to the north and then to the northwest. Here you will find a large single tree with several Huntress lions and their pets( ). Humar spawns in the shade of this tree and sticks out like a sore thumb.
- It is said that his spawn rate ranges from 8–12 hours. This timer resets whenever he is killed or tamed.
- Hunters who seek to tame Humar, should expect some competition.
- Taming him is sometimes unsuccessful even if it is done correctly. Simply freeze-trap and try again if that happens.
Perhaps as an homage to players waiting hours on end to tame Humar, Blizzard has included a small camp with a tent and fire near his tree.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Level reduced from 23. No longer elite.