|Race||Water elemental (Elemental)|
|Level||38 - 62 Elite|
|Location||Dire Maul East|
When the satyr Zevrim Thornhoof sought to control the elementals in Dire Maul, he focused on Hydrospawn, who calmly resided in the pool beneath his altar. As he performed his profane sacrificial rituals, the elemental grew agitated and restless, striking out at Thornhoof's demonic minions. As the years passed, Thornhoof used his victims' energies to whip Hydrospawn into unbridled fury, little by little binding its will to the satyr's commands.
- Riptide — Knocks back anyone within a 10 yard radius, dealing 85 to 115 Frost damage. Also disarms all targets hit for 4 sec.
- Submersion — Reduces the Stamina of nearby enemies by 10 for 1 min.
- Summon Massive Geyser — Hydrospawn summons a Massive Geyser that inflicts Frost damage to all players within 10 yards and knocks them back.
- Summon Hydroling — Hydrospawn summons 2 Hydrolings at 50% health remaining.
- Hydrojet — The Hydroling knocks a player back and reduces their threat to zero whenever they strike a player in melee combat.
During the fight, he will summon hydrolings to help him. It's best to ignore these and continue to kill him, as they don't deal too much damage.
- Hydrospawn is the only non-nature or arcane elemental in Dire Maul.
- Hydrospawn must be killed for the quest to teach mages how to conjure level 55 water.