I Need a Champion
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 6.0.2.
|Level||90 (Requires 90)|
|Reputation||+250 The Black Prince|
|Previous||, (both optional)|
I Need a Champion starts the Patch 5.2 portion of Wrathion's legendary quest chain alongside . Before Wrathion offers these quests, players must have completed the Patch 5.0 and Patch 5.1 portions of his quest, and / respectively.
Over the course of this portion of the story, Wrathion's champion must reach exalted standing with him by killing mogu, saurok, Zandalari trolls, and members of the opposing faction on the Isle of Thunder, acquire twenty from raid bosses in the Throne of Thunder, unlock the Thunder Forge, and kill the world boss Nalak. Wrathion will then offer his champion a legendary meta gem in , before asking for twelve Titan Runestones, which are found on the last six bosses in the Throne of Thunder.
- The Black Prince (Exalted)
You are a superb representative of your people, <race>. But I need someone special. I have big plans. And to enact them I will need a champion to carry my flame to the four corners of the world.
Are you the one?
Prove it to me on the Isle of Thunder! Lay waste to any mogu, Zandalari, or saurok that you find. Impress me!
How goes the battle on the island?
My Shado-Pan associates have spoken highly of your deeds. You have earned quite the name for yourself here in Pandaria!
It is settled. When the materials are ready, you will be my champion. You will be my instrument, my standard-bearer, my voice of change across this world.
We will do marvelous things together.
- 294000 XP
- +250 reputation with The Black Prince
As before, in and , more reputation grinding is required. Don't focus on completing this quest in days -- it will take some weeks to acquire the from inside the Throne of Thunder.
On accept of both and this quest, Wrathion and Anduin Wrynn have a short conversation:
- Wrathion says: The Thunder King! What a magnificent individual.
- Wrathion says: Could you imagine what his empire would be like today if it had not been overthrown and hidden by the pandaren?
- Anduin Wrynn says: I couldn't imagine a cruler tyrant. He enslaved this entire continent.
- Wrathion says: Benevolence is a luxury for the strong, young prince. No great empire was ever built with kindness.
- Anduin Wrynn says: ...I'm not so sure about that. But I can tell you: no great empire has ever stood the test of time by crushing its own citizens.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Remember, the mogu were overthrown! THAT should be the lesson of the Thunder King. It's your move, by the way.
- Wrathion says: I worry you may be too soft to wear your kingdom's crown, Prince Anduin. You would do well to learn some of your father's hardness.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Are you lecturing me? You're what - two years old?
- Wrathion says: Two in DRAGON years. It is your move.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Hmmm.
Patch 5.0 - Mists of Pandaria
Patch 5.1 - Landfall
Patch 5.2 - The Thunder King
Patch 5.3 - Escalation
Patch 5.4 - Siege of Orgrimmar
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Added.