Image of Archmage Vargoth
|Affiliation(s)||Kirin Tor, Kirin Tor Offensive|
The Image of Archmage Vargoth is a quest giver located in the Netherstorm. The image is summonable using a staff, and appears near where the player is when the staff is used. At the end of the questline, questers head into the Violet Tower to located the archmage's physical self. Since the final quest does not require you to return the staff, he is frequently summoned at other locations - including instances.
The Image also returns alongside players in future occasions:
- Defending Sethria's Roost on Mount Hyjal against the minions of Ragnaros during the quest .
- Attacking the Isle of Thunder in Pandaria as a member of the Kirin Tor Offensive.
- Joining players as a garrison follower in Draenor. He can also be seen watching fights between garrison commanders in the Coliseum of Highmaul.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Isle of Thunder||90||114,940|
|Draenor (alternate universe)||100||97,854|
This section concerns content related to The Burning Crusade.
- <The image's head blurs as it turns to take in its surroundings.>
- If you had seen the Plains of Farahlon, you wouldn't believe this is the same place. Mere months ago, these fields would not have looked out of place in Westfall.
- All that is gone now, but how and why?
- I will have my revenge on Kael'thas for this outrage against the Kirin Tor! He once walked among us as a brother, but we are brothers no more.
- There will be a reckoning.
- <The archmage nods grimly, not relishing the prospect.>
- Kael'thas is more than a mere rogue mage. Once I am free from my tower, Ravandwyr and I will assist anyone who opposes him.
- <The archmage's image seems to look through you, rather than at you.>
- Ribbons and currents of arcane energy ebb and flow here as if the area is awash in a sea of magical power. Not even the first cataclysm caused this kind of damage.
- The land is in worse shape than I could've imagined. If the damage continues at this rate, Farahlon -- err, Netherstorm will be nothing but cosmic gravel very soon.
- Where will it stop, I wonder? Perhaps the better question is, 'will it stop?'
- Greetings Commander.
- Well met, commander.
- Ah! That old thing. I was so young and naive when I made that staff. Look at that hair! And that nose!
- And I can't BELIEVE I ever wore something so atrocious as a hat like that.
- You should keep this old staff. The image is from a few years ago, and hasn't quite caught on to current events. May you enjoy the nostalgia of my more youthful visage.
Very well. I wish to talk about something else.
- Over here, you nitwit!
- Looks can be deceiving!
- Hey! Over here! Hit me with your best shot!
- Isle of Thunder
Image of Archmage Vargoth will respond to certain emotes.
- /wave (waves back)
- /bow (bows back)
- /point (acts confused)
- /dance (laughs at you)
- /sexy (flexes at you)
- /slap (tells you no)
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Available as a garrison follower.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Seen on Pandaria.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Appears during .
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Added.