- Not to be confused with imperial hall.
The imperial chamber (or Lordaeron Throne Room) was the throne room of King Terenas Menethil's royal palace, in Capital City. The chamber has silken curtains, golden chandeliers, and a pure white marble floor which has intricate designs with concentric circles and a triangle in the middle. At the center of the triangle is another circle with the golden seal of Lordaeron. The high domed ceiling, with the octagonal window at the apex, let in plenty of natural light. Terenas entertained honored guests here at times, especially Lord Prestor, and organized war councils here as well with ambassadors from Lordaeron's kingdoms, positioned on the many balconies that overlook the throne room. It is on his own throne that Terenas was assassinated by his son, Arthas Menethil.
Lordaeron's Capital City stood for centuries, a monument to humanity's might. At the beginning of the Third War, a mysterious prophet flew in and warned King Terenas and the present ambassadors about a coming danger and that they should leave Lordaeron for Kalimdor. However, Terenas dismissed him. Some time later, Prince Arthas slew his father Terenas in Lordaeron's throne room, and ransacked the city.
World of Warcraft
The imperial chamber is still part of the entryway into the catacombs, expanded to become the Undercity. One can spot the dried blood of Terenas on his throne, and his final words still faintly echo through the chamber.
- You no longer need to bear the weight of your crown. I've taken care of everything.
- What is this? What are you doing my son?
- Succeeding you, father.
- Let your eyes be closed.
- This kingdom shall fall, and from the ashes shall arise a new order that will shake the very foundations of the world.
Battle for Azeroth
The Alliance launched an assault to reclaim the lost kingdom in the Battle for Lordaeron. King Anduin Wrynn and his allies stepped inside the Throne Room, shortly before Sylvanas Windrunner triggered her trap and blighted the entire Keep.
- Once, Mathias Shaw sneaked into the city through the throne room. He found old, crusted blood still discoloring the seal of Lordaeron on the floor. He could also make out echoes of father and son sharing their final words, before Terenas was slain.
- Lich King Arthas created a mockery of the Lordaeron Throne Room in the Halls of Reflection within Icecrown Citadel, called the Shadow Throne.
In the TCG.
Prince Arthas in Hearthstone.
The bloodied crown of Terenas in the Arthas' Betrayal cinematic.
During Hallow's End.
From Town Hall.
- Fan art