|Level||45 (Requires 45)|
- Witness Illidan's Resilience
Most mortals cannot comprehend the truth of the Legion. Those that recognize it, often refuse to accept its meaning. Such knowledge carries a weight that the mortal frame cannot bear. To sacrifice that much of ones self changes the soul.
Among your greatest heroes, a rare few understood that type of sacrifice. Let us witness it through Illidan's eyes.
We must go to Azshara, on the continent of Kalimdor.
The vessel is nearly ready to take on the soul.
Illidan sought out the truth and was blinded by what he saw. He was beginning to understand his destiny, but there was one final sacrifice that he had yet to make.
- 20,560 XP
Azshara is north from Orgrimmar. Alliance can use the portal to Mount Hyjal and fly down there.
Near the temple's entrance, when Xe'ra prompts you.
- Xe'ra says: An ancient memory stirs. When you are prepared, call to me and together we will uncover a piece of Illidan's past.
Press the extra action button to see a cutscene.
- Illidan in the Courtyard of Lights kneels at the portal as the voice of Sargeras speaks.
- Sargeras says: Behold the Legion's power.
- Illidan Stormrage says: <Screams in agony>
- Sargeras says: No matter how hard this world fights, it will fall.
- Illidan Stormrage says: Our eyes... deceive us.
- Illidan Stormrage says: The army that marches on Azeroth is but a whisper of the Legion's true strength.
- Illidan Stormrage says: Beyond this army is another... and another... and another...
- Illidan Stormrage says: Even if we defeat them here, it will mean nothing.
- Illidan Stormrage says: We are doomed...
- Illidan Stormrage says: unless we find another way to fight them.
- Illidan Stormrage says: And I will find that way.
After the cutscene finishes:
- Xe'ra says: With his eyes burned out for seeing the truth, Illidan still did not falter. Even under the gaze of the lord of the Burning Legion, Illidan remained resolute and defiant.
After unlocking the first two Class Hall champions:
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.