Intimidation is a level 33 Beast Mastery and Survival hunter ability.
Tips and tactics
- Stuns target, especially useful in PvP. In PvE, when applied at the right time, can help a player tank regain aggro. This is especially true when an enemy switches target to the hunter, another ranged DPS, or the healer. A quick Intimidation will keep the enemy close to the tank to regain aggro.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Now a baseline ability and also available for Survival hunters.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Now available only to Beast Master hunters. Duration increased from 3 to 5 sec.
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): Now a level-30 talent available to all Hunter specializations and no longer learned by Beast Mastery Hunters at level 20.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): No longer causes high amount of threat.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Changed to a specialization ability.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): If the hunter's pet is in melee range of its target, the stun from Intimidation will now be applied immediately instead of on the pet's next swing or attack.