Isle of Giants
|Level: 35 - 50|
|Location||North of Kun-Lai Summit, Pandaria|
|PvP status||Contested territory|
There is no "official" way to get to the isle: there are no introduction quests or NPCs to tell you about it.
Fly north from central Kun-Lai Summit on a flying mount through the fatigue waters to reach the Isle of Giants. On the Isle's southern side are two flight masters, one for the Alliance and one for the Horde. The isle is a no-fly zone and the Misty Shores in the waters before reaching the isle will dismount all comers.
If you do not have a class ability to navigate water faster, or a swimming mount, you may want to invest in an or from Anglers reputation.
The Isle is a volcanic, mountainous place, dominated by the large caldera dotted by steam pools in the center of the island. The southern beach is the only easy means of accessing the island's interior from the ocean, and thus the Horde, Alliance, and Zandalari all have landing sites there.
Maps and subregions
Isle of Giants before patch 5.3.0.
- Zouchin Village, Kun-Lai Summit
- Shrine of Seven Stars / Shrine of Two Moons, Vale of Eternal Blossoms
Regions adjacent to the Isle of Giants
|Zone Name||Faction||Level Range||Direction||Access|
|Kun-Lai Summit||Neutral||82 - 90||South||Flight path|
- Oondasta (world boss)
- Dohaman the Beast Lord
- The Jurassic Expedition
- Ku'ma <The Bone Collector>
- War-God Dokah <Ward of Beasts>
There are no major quests on the Isle of Giants outside of Kuma's bone collection quests:
There are no herbs or mineral veins on the Isle of Giants.
All wild pets are item drops or quest rewards:
- Zandalari Dinomancer
- Primal Direhorn
- Primal Devilsaur
- Pterrorwing Skyscreamer
- The isle is most likely based on the early alpha map draft for Mists of Pandaria, as it was pointed out as "Zandalari Isle". It was rumored the isle was moved to the position where the current Isle of Thunder is located, as before Patch 5.2 there was an entirely different, inaccessible isle located in its place, as detailed in the archives.
- Thok the Bloodthirsty, a boss in the Siege of Orgrimmar, was found here and taken back to Orgrimmar by Garrosh Hellscream to be turned into a beast of war.
- Patch 7.3.5 (2018-01-16): Level scaling implemented, previous zone level: 90.
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21):
- A path was cut into the side of the mountain leading from the beach on the south side.
- Graveyard moved to the top of the southern cliff.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Added.