|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.3a.
|Level||52 (Requires 47)|
You see, I have no idea how I ended up here. No one really knows—it's a secret to everybody! I just can't seem to remember anything...
These items you brought to me, though... I am remembering something.
My sword. I am supposed to strengthen it somehow, but I'm really not sure why. Sorry I can't tell you more, but I just don't remember!
Anyhoo, I do know where you can take it—Donova Snowden in Winterspring. You'll find her by the hot springs. She can temper the sword by the pools there.
My, my... So Linken did finally get around to sending me his sword.
Well, of course I can temper this sword. While I'm working, you can explain what took Linken so long to get this to me. He's not usually one to forget things...
- 7350 XP
Cut Scene upon completion
- Donova Snowden says: Please, follow me.
- Donova Snowden walks to the nearby hot springs.
- Donova Snowden says: I haven't really figured out what it is, but there's something strange about the hot springs...
- Donova Snowden tosses the sword into the shallow pool.
- Donova Snowden retrieves the sword and returns to her camp.
- Donova Snowden says: I've found that when I throw something into this water, it has improved incredibly when I retrieve it.
- Donova Snowden says: Well, whatever it is, it works quite well!
- Donova Snowden says: And I am determined to find out more... So if you need my help again, you know where I'll be.
The next quest, It's a Secret to Everybody, rewards Linken with Linken's Training Sword after some traveling, which is quite similar to how Link always starts off acquiring a weak sword. In a later quest, , Linken upgrades his sword to Linken's Superior Sword. To get this upgraded sword, you have to push on a gravestone (), as in the original Legend of Zelda.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Removed.
- ^ This is supposed to represent when Link (from Zelda) would throw items into the great fairy's spring/pool, and then getting it back improved.
- ^ http://www.wowhead.com/news=225727/pop-culture-item-references-video-games-movies-and-tv