In 2021, Brack was named in a lawsuit against Activision Blizzard. In response, he stepped down from his leadership role.
- As the executive producer on World of Warcraft, J. Allen Brack is responsible for coordinating the efforts of the game’s development team as it creates new content to keep the experience fresh and exciting. This involves overseeing all aspects of the project and managing the production of patches and expansions from initial conception through release.
- Brack started at Blizzard Entertainment in January 2006 as a senior producer in charge of content, playing a major role in the creation of new zones, dungeons, and quests for World of Warcraft’s first expansion pack, The Burning Crusade. Prior to joining Blizzard, he worked at Origin Systems, Inc. on the Wing Commander franchise and then at Sony Online Entertainment LLC on Star Wars Galaxies.
- In his spare time, Brack enjoys playing a wide variety of games, practicing martial arts, and reading.
Brack began working on online games in 1999. He worked as producer for Star Wars Galaxies before joining Blizzard in 2005 to work on World of Warcraft as a producer. By 2008, Brack had become Production Director for World of Warcraft. In February 2014, he became Executive Producer and Vice President for World of Warcraft.
On October 3, 2018, Activision Blizzard announced Brack as the new president of Blizzard Entertainment succeeding Mike Morhaime, who would remain a strategic advisor to the company for a period of time.
Notes and trivia
- Brack participated in the WoW Source: Patch 5.4 Developer Round Table.
- In an open letter to the Star Wars Galaxies community in 2004, Brack stated that he would soon be "getting married in a Star Wars themed wedding".
- Brack has stated that he doesn't have a favorite Blizzard game, stating "I love all my children equally." One of his favorite non-Blizzard games is Privateer.
- ^ a b Activision Blizzard Names World of Warcraft® Executive Producer J. Allen Brack As New President of Blizzard Entertainment. Business Wire (2018-10-03).
- ^ a b J Allen Brack on LinkedIn. Retrieved on 2014-11-18.
- ^ a b http://blizzard.gamespress.com/en-CA/BlizzCon-2014-Warlords-of-Draenor-press-kit
- ^ DFEH vs Activision Blizzard 15 (2021-07-21). Archived from the original “J. Allen Brack, President of Blizzard Entertainment, allegedly had multiple conversations with Afrasiabi about his drinking and that he had been "too friendly" towards female employees at company events but gave Afrasiabi a slap on the wrist (i.e. verbal counseling) in response to these incidents”
- ^ a b Game Informer #109: Heir to the Frozen Throne
- ^ a b J. Allen Brack's Letter to the Community
- ^ Blizzard interview: J. Allen Brack on World of Warcraft
- ^ The Burning Crusade credits.
- ^ Wrath of the Lich King credits.
- ^ A Message from J. Allen Brack. Blizzard Entertainment (2018-10-03). Archived from the original on 2018-10-04.