|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.1.0.
The Kalu'ak Fishing Derby was a fishing event held every Saturday between 14:00 and 15:00 server time by the Kalu'ak. The objective was to be the first player to catch a and bring it to Elder Clearwater in Dalaran. It was introduced with Patch 3.3.0.
Due to problems that occurred with the introduction of cross-realm zones, all fishing tournaments were disabled. When they were reenabled in Patch 5.1.0 however, the Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza had been redesigned to allow three winners, and included the rewards from winning the fishing derby. Thus, the Kalu'ak Fishing Derby became redundant, and was removed altogether.
- Kalu'ak reputation
- Elder Clearwater yells: The Kalu'ak Fishing Derby starts in 5 minutes!
- Elder Clearwater yells: The Kalu'ak Fishing Derby has begun! The first person to bring a blacktip shark to me in Dalaran will be declared the winner! Blacktip sharks can be caught anywhere you can catch a pygmy suckerfish.
- Elder Clearwater yells: <Name> has won the Kalu'ak Fishing Derby!
- Elder Clearwater yells: The Kalu'ak Fishing Derby has ended! If you caught a shark, please bring it to me within the hour.
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27): Removed, rewards moved to Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza.
- Hotfix (2012-09-20): The organizers of Azeroth's fishing tournaments have temporarily shut down their weekly affairs. Fishing tournaments will return soon.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): Added.